PwC is truly a Kenyan firm with global links; committed to helping our clients meet the challenges posed by the global economy. In Africa we're the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9000 people in 34 countries. This means that we’re able to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they're located on the continent.
KIM Branch Manager – Small Branch
Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) was established in 1954 as a premier institute that provides management consultancy and capacity building services to corporate organizations and other institutions. The institute has embarked on an aggressive expansion and growth programme in line with its strategic plan 2017-2020.(2017 – 2021) To deliver this mandate KIM has recently concluded a reorganization and seeks to fill the the role of Branch Manager Small Branch.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Providing oversight of the overall running and operations of the branch
- Marketing the Institutes’ product and services
- Providing all the institute services to members and clients
- Supervising staff and faculty to ensure achievement of the set revenue targets
- Ensuring that KIM members and clients get timely and quality services for customer satisfaction
- Responsible for planning and implementing branch strategies,recruitment of students to institute’s School of Management and certification courses and other programs to be able meet the targets in terms of students’ number and fee collections
- Handling all inquiries on the institute services and communicating customer needs
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports on progress achieved and challenges encountered and financial reports covering all the activities of the branch
- In charge of all the resources in the branch including finances and assets to ensure proper utilization
- Representing the branch at the management level and vice versa to report on the progress of the branch on achievements
- Actively seek to convert leads generated into clients through constant follow up
- Implementing management decisions and institutes policies at the branch level
- Managing the branch staff welfare to ensure staff motivation and inclusivity
- Recruiting new members to KIM through processing applications and forwarding to the membership
- Must have at least five years’ experience in a large organisation in an active commercial environment
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a recognised institution
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.