If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
PwC is truly a Kenyan firm with global links; committed to helping our clients meet the challenges posed by the global economy. In Africa we're the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9000 people in 34 countries. This means that we’re able to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they're located on the continent.
Textiles Technical Expert – Marketing
The Government of Kenya has adopted four priority areas to spur economic growth, create employment and transform the livelihoods of the citizens over a five-year period up to 2022. The four development priorities christened as the Big Four Agenda are Food Security, Manufacturing, Universal Healthcare and Affordable Housing especially for the Urban Poor.
Our Client is a government department that intends to play a key role in the implementation of the Big Four Agenda through direct interventions in the priority areas as well as leveraging its mandate to facilitate and enable state and non-state actors to achieve these priorities. To position themselves for this critical role, Our Client is currently prioritizing and streamlining their activities and programs in the following areas:
- Manufacturing: Commercially produce cotton to contribute towards increased local production for garment and other forms of cotton-based manufacturing and expand capacity in textile and apparels production.
- Food Security and Nutrition: Invest in large-scale farming of such crops as Rice, Maize, Sugarcane, Grapes etc. This will contribute towards eliminating the existing national production deficits for these crops and increase food security and nutrition.
- Solid Waste Management and Recycling: Explore solid waste management and recycling through a partnership with select County Governments in waste management and recycling.
- Renewable Energy: Contribute to harvesting solar energy to supplement the national grid through development of a solar power park through Public Private Partnership arrangements.
To support the above programs, Our Client wishes to recruit a Textiles Technical Expert - Marketing
Roles & Responsibilities
Job purpose and responsibilities:
The Textiles Marketing Expert will develop and execute appropriate marketing and sales strategies to grow sales and markets for garments produced at Our Clients production factory by driving resources to attain agreed upon sales and profitability targets. They will provide technical leadership to the program to improve Our Clients’ commercial enterprise by increasing the capacity of its textile production factory to stitch uniforms and expand the market for garments and apparels.
- Identify potential customers in the domestic market based on market intelligence, study the size and characteristics of the market, and assess the competitive, economic, social and political forces affecting the textiles market and relevant to the program.
- Plan and coordinate the execution of marketing and sale strategies for apparel and garments produced at Our Client’s’ textile factory.
- Oversee and execute sales and marketing infrastructure and processes to access and study all possible enquiries floated in the market.
- Be responsible for management of the commercial aspects of monitoring orders to track customer demands and sales stocks to ensure they are supplied.
- Coordinate with the Textiles Operations Expert to review/recommend/suggest pricing of various products depending on the cost of the product, value and quantity of the purchase.
- Execute marketing channel strategies and mix, and manage the relationships with key clients and channel partners to drive profitability and growth.
Key qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Business Administration, Textile Marketing Management, Merchandising Management or other related discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional work experience in a leadership position of a marketing role is required.
- Relevant professional qualification in marketing is highly desirable.
- Extensive sales experience with proven, successful record of accomplishment in identifying and developing direct sales opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated advanced ICT skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.