If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Corporate Staffing Services - We are a leading recruitment agency in Kenya partnering with local and foreign businesses looking to hire top Kenyan professionals.
Chief Financial Officer
Our client is in the energy sector. They seek to hire to hire a seasoned, efficient and results oriented Chief Financial Officer. In partnership with the senior leadership of the company, He/She will be tasked with developing and implementing business and departmental strategies.
He/She will take the leadership role in influencing financial decision-making and driving strategic financial input, measurements and risk controls processes to the Executive and the Management Committee. In addition, he will direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting and ICT functions of the business
Responsible for evaluating and assisting the leadership with their financial plans and economic modeling. Oversee all compliance and recognition for government contracts, oversee all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, provides leadership and coordinate the administrative, business planning, accounting, proactive risk management, budgeting and control efforts of the company.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the organizations strategic plan while ensuring credibility of the Finance function by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts and present financial metrics internally.
- Partner with the Executive and the Board, in assessing the organizational performance against both the annual budget and the firm’s long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the C.E.O and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action and provide the Executive with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Approve all agreements concerning financial obligations, foster effective internal controls and proactively manage company liabilities.
- Ensure internal and statutory compliance with regard to local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting while escalating risk areas to the Executive on continuous basis.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting by developing a reliable cash flow projection process and determining indicator mechanism for minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the business including: Financial Statement, Reconciliation reports, Cash-flow status report and financial ratios in line with the IFRS.
- Develop an ICT vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the ICT team and its business partners in effective execution ensuring on an ongoing basis
- Lead the ICT team in analyzing the designing, developing and administration of all the technology in use by the business for optimization, efficiency and accuracy as well as measure system and resource use and allocation.
- Supervise the development and advancement of the Information Technology and Communications network and design of a wide area connectivity network infrastructure with an emphasis on filling remote access needs.
- Review Vendors and other ICT service providers’ proposals and contracts and ensure placement of only best negotiated terms for installation of new technology
- Develop strategies to improve the efficiency and efficacy of technological initiatives by evaluating and reporting cost-benefit analyses for every change in our ICT workflow and identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Ensure the company’s data remains secure by keeping up to date on the latest cyber security threats and finds ways to guard against them on an organization-wide scale.
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for enterprise-wide ICT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Mentor and develop a growing direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamics
Job Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Membership to Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- At least 8 years working experience in finance/accounting, with 5 years at managerial level.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines which might result in putting in extra hours
- Demonstrable competency in Strategic Planning, Finance and ICT
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Analytical and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management.
Method of Application
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject to email@example.com before 18th July 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.