If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
M-KOPA is one of the fastest growing power providers in Africa, connecting solar to 500 new homes each day. M-KOPA partners with leading technology and distribution companies operating across Africa, including Safaricom, Vodacom and Microsoft.
Director - Customer Retention
About the role
The Director - Customer Retention will be responsible for all upgrades and upsells to M-KOPA’s existing customers to drive up their customer retention initiatives and increase M-KOPA’s customer lifetime value. This includes leadership, management and operational oversight of M-KOPA’s customer retention efforts by leveraging on existing offerings in addition to developing new ones.
This role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and would have full revenue responsibility (on upgrades & upsells) for Kenya and for Uganda.
- Drive revenue targets for the company through Upgrading & Upselling existing customers, while minimizing regretted churn;
- Operational running of a team of 50+ telesales agents and potentially outsource options, with focus on driving down the cost of sale, while maximizing revenue and ensuring quality on how M- KOPA interacts with their customers;
- Oversight & accountability on the key metrics and operational processes tracking contact rate, retention metrics and progress towards goals - and manage towards results;
- Build accurate and credible plans for future revenue with the support of the Business Insights Team;
- Strategic goal-setting for the upgrades/upselling teams – from collaborating to establishing key quarterly goals to capacity planning, to talent management and performance improvement;
- Use data to prioritize decisions and propose new offerings and report based on trends you decipher from your analysis;
- Work with Market Development and Labs areas of the business to help develop new offerings;
- Support the Uganda Team in their operations and medium term to include other markets;
- Managing, mentoring and developing the team, from managers to individual contributors - to strengthen their own performance and their ability to support the company more effectively.
Does this sound like you?
- Passion for their mission – M-KOPA is a pioneer in the dynamic pay-as-you-go solar space;
- Strategic thinker able to derive and synthesize insights to provide comprehensive analysis and actionable recommendations for impactful deliverables;
- Demonstrated strong analytic aptitude – with strong analytical and Excel skills to derive data driven recommendations, interpret business case financial modelling and analyze performance;
- A track record of achievement in developing and managing large teams;
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance;
- Adept at combining creativity and critical analysis to package compelling and clear recommendations to the management team that have a strong narrative.
- Five years of experience in a strategic role with experience in retention strategy and/or other relevant customer strategy is highly preferable;
- Previous experience of telesales operations is preferred;
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to M-Kopa Solar career website on www.linkedin.com to apply