If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Ministry of Defence is at Ulinzi House off Lenana Road in Nairobi. The Ministry is headed by the Cabinet Secretary who is responsible to the President and Commander – in – Chief on matters of policy. The Cabinet Secretary is appointed by the President and chairs the Defence Council which is responsible for the overall control and direction of the Kenya Defence Forces.
- Operating machines of ‘difficult rating’ C;
- Assisting machine attendants in identifying possible breakdowns;
- Liaising with mechanics for servicing; making daily and weekly oil checks;
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the plants.
- Attach and detach loads properly
- Ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Monitor and maintain all rigging equipment to ensure safety
- Safely and properly attach and utilize all pulley and block systems
- Set up and break down necessary equipment
- Maneuver loads through difficult and confined spaces
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D (Plain)or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have passed the suitability test for plant operators;
- Possess a valid Driving License free from current endorsements for class(es) of machine(s) that one may be required to operate or Rigger certification from a recoginized institution;
- Be able to operate at least two (2) plants of ‘difficult rating’ C;
- Attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highways and Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and result.
Method of Application
Applications are invited for the following posts in the Ministry of Defence. Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE application form application form PSC2 (Revised 2016) and submit the same together with copies of the required certificates.
Completed application forms should reach the
Cabinet Secretary’s office
Ministry of Defence,
P.O. Box 40668 – 00100,
Hand delivered to Ulinzi House gate off Lenana Road, on or before 12th November, 2018.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.