Samburu County is a county in the former Rift Valley Province, Kenya. It covers an area of roughly 21,000 km² in northern Kenya where the Samburu, Turkana and many other tribes live.
Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Job Group CPSB 04 (CI)
An Officer at this level will head Monitoring and Evaluation Unit under Economic Planning Department. He will be reporting to the Director Economic Planning. Duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Formulate and proposes review of Monitoring and Evaluation Policy.
- The Officer will ensure that the M&E reports are prepared timely and of high quality.
- Provide Technical field support to the M&E Unit and the various M&E Committees established.
- Support all M&E initiatives including Monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to Staff Capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Support in creating a framework and procedures for the Monitoring and Evaluation of Project activities.
- Support in defining and implementing the Key Project Performance Indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of projects.
- Assist in proposing strategies to increase data collection, data analysis, data use and demand amongst relevant Staff.
- Assist in clarifying project information needs.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture project’s progress, draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking indicators ,data flow chart, M&E manuals)
- Support in reviewing the performance of existing Management Information Systems pertaining Project management to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Assist in establishing log frames; M&E work plans and targets during the Sector Work Group’s project proposals as well as throughout project implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Project Management, Social Sciences, Information Management or Related Field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- 5 years of experience, three (3) of which must be at a mid-level managerial position in the Public Service or equivalent in the Private Sector.
- Post graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management or a Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports.
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and Quantitative Analysis.
- Ability to design M&E tools, Surveys, Surveillance Systems and Evaluation.
Fulfill the requirements of Chapter (6) six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics &Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Method of Application
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side and submitted in any of the following ways:-
Posted applications should be addressed to:
Samburu County Public Service Board
P.O Box 3-20600,
Hand Delivery applications should be delivered to the Secretary, Samburu County Public Service Board Offices during working hours (8.00am -5.00pm)
Applications should be submitted to the undersigned by the close of business on or before 29th March, 2019.
Only shortlisted and successful Candidates will be contacted.
Samburu County Government is an equal opportunity employer committed to values of inclusion and seeks diverse workforce. Women, persons with disabilities and the Youth are encouraged to apply.