Samburu County is a county in the former Rift Valley Province, Kenya. It covers an area of roughly 21,000 km² in northern Kenya where the Samburu, Turkana and many other tribes live.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Group CPSB 06 (N)
The Senior M&E Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Unit, assisting the Deputy Director M&E in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on County Project Progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and will be responsible for the Collection & Analysis of different data in relation to the County Project Activities.
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:-
- Develop and strengthen Monitoring, Inspection and Evaluation Procedures.
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s result.
- Ensure effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate bottlenecks.
- Prepare report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all County Project Activities to the Deputy Director.
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to COMEC.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Deputy Director in preparing relevant reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Project Management or related field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- At least five (5) years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by Public Service or Private Sector.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
- expertise in analyzing data using statistical software
- Strong Training &Facilitation Skills.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Fulfill the requirements of Chapter (6) six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics &Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Method of Application
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side and submitted in any of the following ways:-
Posted applications should be addressed to:
Samburu County Public Service Board
P.O Box 3-20600,
Hand Delivery applications should be delivered to the Secretary, Samburu County Public Service Board Offices during working hours (8.00am -5.00pm)
Applications should be submitted to the undersigned by the close of business on or before 29th March, 2019.
Only shortlisted and successful Candidates will be contacted.
Samburu County Government is an equal opportunity employer committed to values of inclusion and seeks diverse workforce. Women, persons with disabilities and the Youth are encouraged to apply.