If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Samburu County is a county in the former Rift Valley Province, Kenya. It covers an area of roughly 21,000 km² in northern Kenya where the Samburu, Turkana and many other tribes live.
Supply Chain Management Officer
Job Group CPSB 04 (Q)
An Officer at this level will be:-
- Analyzing Supply Chain Management Structure and Systems.
- Determining and proposing methods and strategies of handling the Supply Chain Management Function.
- Initiating and developing Supply Chain Management Policies and Performance Improvement Strategies that are adaptive to the changing Environment and Technology.
- Implementation of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and other Statues, Rules and Regulations and ensuring adherence to the laid down Procedures, Rules and Regulations.
- Advising the Accounting Officer on Supply Chain Management matters.
- Ensuring High Professional Supply Chain Management Standard.
- Develop County Annual Procurement Plan and ensure its full implementation.
- Preparing Professional opinion.
- Operationalization of e-Government Procurement Strategies and Inventory Management.
- Developing and reviewing performance targets and agreements.
- Participating in project design and implementation.
- Designing of Training Programmes for Supply Chain Management Personnel.
- Advising Departments on Supply Chain Management matters, and interpretation of other Laws and Statues that impact on Supply Chain Management matters
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines, Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Holder of Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
- A Diploma in Procurement and Supply from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or Kenya Institute of Supplies Management-Certified Procurement and Supply Professional Part IV.
- Proficiency in Computer Application skills.
- Relevant experience of not less than 5 years.
- Must be a registered Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) and have a Valid Practicing License.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Fulfill the requirements of Chapter (6) six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics &Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Method of Application
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side and submitted in any of the following ways:-
Posted applications should be addressed to:
Samburu County Public Service Board
P.O Box 3-20600,
Hand Delivery applications should be delivered to the Secretary, Samburu County Public Service Board Offices during working hours (8.00am -5.00pm)
Applications should be submitted to the undersigned by the close of business on or before 29th March, 2019.
Only shortlisted and successful Candidates will be contacted.
Samburu County Government is an equal opportunity employer committed to values of inclusion and seeks diverse workforce. Women, persons with disabilities and the Youth are encouraged to apply.