Our Client, is a statutory institution whose mandate as a risk minimiser is to provide a deposit insurance scheme for customers of member institutions and to resolve any institution in respect of which the Corporation is appointed receiver or liquidator. The Corporation enhances incentives for sound risk management and generally promote the stability of the financial system.
Our Client is an employer of choice and keen to recruit aggressive individuals to join the premier organization
Manager (Policy & Research)
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager Strategy and Compliance, the incumbent will provide leadership in policy, research and planning functions.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate research initiatives, policy analysis and preparation of position papers and reports;
- Coordinate policy research and analysis by providing research based advice in deposit insurance policy formulation;
- Oversee implementation of approved research recommendation;
- Initiate the development, implementation, review, monitoring and evaluation of the Corporation’s strategic plan;
- Coordination of the Corporate performance management process;
- Ensuring preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Corporation’s work plans and performance contracts.
- Preparation and submission of periodic reports on the organization’s performance;
- Development and maintenance of the Corporation’s statistical systems / databases;
- Developing research and development strategies, tools, management processes and methodologies that ensure effective identification, evaluation and implementation of research and development projects.
- Spearheading the development and implementation of the Corporation’s research and development policy;
- Spearheading the dissemination of research findings through publications and presentations at local and international fora; and
- Coordinating all other research functions within the Corporation.
- Coordination of the Corporation’s quality management systems
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Six (6) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in management;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – statistics, econometrics, mathematics or its relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: statistics, econometrics, mathematics or its relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less four (4) weeks; and
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Relevant Certificate in statistical analysis tools and applications
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Personal attributes
- Leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working skills
- Strategic planning and execution skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Proficiency in statistical software
- Strong Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 standards
Compliance With Chapter Six (6) Of The Constitution Of Kenya
Applicants are required to immediately initiate self-clearance (Comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya) from: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- A Credit Reference Bureau
Please bring the receipts or evidence of the above self-clearance effort to Manpower Services if invited for the preliminary interview. Do not wait to be invited by Manpower Services for you to commence clearance of Chapter 6 requirements
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV and application clearly indicating your current position, current/past and expected remuneration (monthly salary and allowances) to the following email address: email@example.com on or before close of business on Friday, 5th July, 2019.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.