About the job
Are you our next Institutional and Partnership Development Manager?
We are looking for a creative and strategic thinker with a passion for working within a multi-disciplinary facet, whilst promoting inter-departmental synergies and partnership development.
Our client, Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA) is a pan-African organisation and member of the Global Alliance for Tax Justice. TJNA advocates for pro-poor taxation systems and the strengthening of tax regimes to promote domestic resource mobilisation. They aim to challenge harmful tax policies and practices that favour the wealthy and those that aggravate and perpetuate inequality.
About The Role
As Institutional and Partnership Development Manager (IPDM) you will lead the Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA) Institutional Partnership Development unit within these key accountability areas:
- Resource Mobilisation
- Partnership Development and Coordination
- Organisational development
- Knowledge management and learning
- Monitoring and Evaluation
You will work closely with the Executive Director, senior management team and strategic partners in spearheading TJNA's overall organizational sustainability through clear strategies for resource mobilisation and clear plans to operationalise the strategy. This role is key in leading partnership development and coordination of large projects jointly implemented by members and partners across the continent.
Location: Flexible, with frequent travel to Nairobi, Kenya office
Line Manager: Executive Director
Start date: Immediately
Contract Duration: 2 years, renewable
As Institutional And Partnership Development Manager, You Will
- Develop and monitor the implementation of an organisational development plan aligned to the overall strategic plan for the organisation including assessment, impact, sustainability and growth.
- Liaise and network as appropriate to keep abreast with trends within the CSO/NGO environment.
- Ensure proper transition between strategic periods.
- Develop and lead in implementation of Organisation fund resource mobilisation strategy.
- Act as lead liaison between TJNA and its funding Partners including coordinating donor reporting.
- Promote interdepartmental synergy and team work between the institutional and partnership Development team and other teams at the Secretariat.
- Support the development and implementation on an effective organisational monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy.
- Lead in the development and supervision of organisation’s strategic partnership including joint programing and coordination.
- Manage the enhancement and growth of TJNA membership and network.
- Manage and lead the Institutional Partnership Development team.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Political Science, Public Administration or other relevant field. (Masters is strongly preferred.)
Core Skills And Experience
- At least seven years of professional experience, with 4-5 years at management level.
- Proven skills in programme and project management methods and strategies.
- Capacity building skills across multi-disciplinary functions.
- Knowledge of the development context in Africa and globally including good understanding of Civil Society funding environment in Africa and globally.
- Demonstrated team management, partnership building and stakeholder management skills.
- Well versed on various funding protocols and processes.
- Proven experience in Organisational planning, budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Organisational development (OD).
- You are a flexible, creative and strategic thinker who is able to work in a highly operational environment with little supervision.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English. French is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities, manage many activities simultaneously and meet deadlines, with attention to detail and quality.
- Experience working in civil societies and international NGOs is strongly preferred.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
- Experience working in developed and developing countries and in multicultural environments.
- Willing to travel, expected travel less than 25% of the time.
Benefits What We Can Offer
We are a small dedicated team of 20 staff who we are connected by our passionate cause. We uphold a high work ethic that fosters team spirit while supporting innovation, creativity and continuous learning. In addition to a great culture and a collaborative team environment we offer:
- Gross annual salary USD $48,000 - $54,000 P.A (based on skills and qualifications)
- Medical Insurance
- Platform to collaborate and bring in new ideas while working across multiple disciplines
- Opportunity to engage and work with different partners and be part of a wider pan continental network
- A work environment that supports diversity and inclusivity
- Flexible working conditions