As a customer-centric financial institution, we are on a mission to help our customers succeed by providing highly personalised services to deliver that personal touch. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. As the Project Manager, you'll help make this happen. You will work project implementation team to develop efficient strategies and tactics that ensure all projects deliver the desirable outcome to the organization.
We are looking for a brilliant, dynamic and self-driven professional with a wide degree of creativity, latitude and an edge for project innovation and enhancement. If this sounds like you then look no further; Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, it can only get more exciting for you; as you get to stretch yourself to new horizons, with opportunities at every step of your career! Reporting to the Head - Projects & Infrastructure Finance, the successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget by reviewing and supporting processing of construction finance applications and maintenance of relationships with clients during project implementations in line with the bank's business objectives.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Review projects in property development suitable for financing bearing in mind the risks and return parameters set by the bank.
- Monitor progress on project implementation, their financial and operational performance in collaboration with banks' business and credit risk units.
- Monitoring the financial and operational performance of projects for early identification of potential problems as well as initiate timely remedial actions
- Handle queries from prospective clients and carry out preliminary site visits with business development teams.
- Generate various management reports on the performance of construction loan portfolio as well as maintain project files that relate to customer correspondence.
- Provide guidance on re-packaging construction cases, review the bank's new applications for funding submitted from the branch network.
- Initiating disbursement memos for review as per the laid down policies and procedures
- Review and feedback on customer satisfaction surveys, respond to customer product complaints especially during project implementation
- Maintain construction project files, that relate to customer correspondence, work in progress, and general construction correspondence
- Conducting pre-appraisal reviews and communicating the findings to the business originating units
- Review submitted project documentation and advising on its adequacy and completeness
- Review the profiles of the project implementation team that include the qualification of the technical team, registration with relevant bodies, professional indemnity covers and value of previous works undertaken and give advice on the capability of the appointed team to undertake the proposed project
- Conduct initial technical analysis on projects that includes scrutinizing the Bill of Quantities and the approved plans with a view to advance on the adequacy of the proposed costings in line with the current market cost estimates
- In liaison either the project implementation teams design drawdown schedules tailored to the project implementation
- Holding meetings and site visits with clients and consultants to address issues on proposed construction projects
- Working together with various business units to address issues arising out of the outcome of the supervision at the implementation stage
- Ensure that all risk management requirements within your remit are addressed and where necessary escalated through the available defined channels
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Building Economics, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or any other relevant training in construction with at least five years working experience in project appraisal preferably in a banking environment
- Proven knowledge in all mortgage finance products, projects and related business aspects is an added advantage.
- Proactive, assertive and highly adaptable to change with strong analytical skills and customer-centric mindset.
- Experience in basics of project management and bank operations
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number PM/CIBD/2021 by 11th August 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer.