Responsible to: Finance Manager
Location: Syokimau, Machakos County
Contract: 2 years subject to performance.
The purpose of this post is to undertake financial management obligations internally within Agency for Disability and Development in Africa (ADDA) and externally with donors. The position will also function as a key and important link between the finance department and other functions across area Operations and external Audit. In addition, the position is responsible for supporting in the production of high quality and timely management reporting.
- Provide a high standard of financial accounting ensuring compliance to ADDA and donor regulations consistent with accounting policies, procedures and tools.
- Preparation of Payment Vouchers in line with budget holder’s requisitions.
- Coding of expenditures and ensure timely adjustments when activating new grants with complete audit trail.
- Posting journal entries into the accounting system as per the approved payment vouchers in line with the indicated budget codes.
- Updating the Cashbook, maintain cash imprest and prepare bank reconciliation.
- Preparation of high quality, compliant and timely donor financial reports and ensure full cost recovery is achieved.
- Participate in external audit exercises and subsequent implementation of the auditors’recommendations.
- Participate and compile procurement documents in a timely manner and ensure proper filing for an accurate audit trail
- Prompt payment and filing of tax returnswith proper accounting forstatutory deductionse.g PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and WHT
- Proper accounting for inventories/fixed assets and ensure their safe custody.
- Carry out general administrative tasks for proper housekeeping e.g filing documents, answering phone calls, managing supplier queries and settling dues as per payment policy.
- Perform any other duties and tasks, which are commensurate with the responsibilities and level of the post and as directed and required by the Accounts Officer
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively experience with NGO/INGO’s or the private sector in professional accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in working with local partners and supporting in building their capacity.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Good personal organizational skills including time management, general business knowledge and soft skills.
- Training skills and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate, proficiency in excel and computerized accounting packages.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team.
- Ability and willingness to work under high pressure,high levels of commitment underminimal supervision, travel to field offices and to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to and understanding of ADDA vision, values and principles
Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Internal: Finance Team, Budget Holders and Support staff
External: External Auditors, Donors/Grantors, Partners and Suppliers
Commitment: to ADDA’s mission, values, Human Centered principles and core focus areas (Inclusive Education, Training and Employment, Community-Based Inclusive Development, Inclusive Humanitarian Disaster Management and Research and Development). ADDA has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of persons with disabilities. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure protection of children, young people and adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
If you feel you meet the required criteria, we encourage you to submit your application. Email us your CV and cover letter, indicating current and expected salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th February 2021.
Persons with disabilities are encourage to apply. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Diversity in ADDA means fostering a workplace, in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.