Department: Internal Audit
Division: Audit Coordination
Section / Unit: Audit Coordination
Location / Work station: Times Towers, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi
Reports to: Deputy Commissioner - Internal Audit
Direct reports: Assistant Managers – Audit Coordination
Indirect Reports: Officers – Audit Coordination
This position reports to the Deputy Commissioner, Internal Audit Department and is responsible for the overall coordination and management of the audit activities and reports by the Office of the Auditor General(OAG) and responses thereto, and also the coordination of compilation and submission of reports/documents to the Public Investment Committee [PIC] of Parliament. Specifically, the holder is to formulate effective liaison between the auditors and auditees to ensure meeting of reporting and response timelines, quality and documentation standards, and provide weekly/ monthly status feedback to Management and Board Committee.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Formulation of strategies and update policies to enhance effective coordination of OAG audits and relationship between KRA and OAG
- Serve as the primary point of contact for coordination of all OAG audits in the Authority by ensuring that audits are properly planned, coordinated, proactively communicated and the audit queries / enquiries fully addressed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the entry / exit meetings for each audit, and the drafting and execution of the Audit Letters of Understanding between the Auditors and Auditees.
- Facilitate and attend all audit meetings as required (e.g. Entry, Exit, Status, PIC etc.)
- Continuously follow up to ensure that the Auditors are fully facilitated through provision of documents and information as agreed at the Entry Meetings and whenever required.
- Review Management responses and evidence for completeness and quality prior to submission to the auditors
- Collate and coordinate responses and evidence to audit reports for the Financial Statements and the Revenue Accountability Statements Audits, and Compliance Audits.
- Facilitate provision of required facilities and resources to the auditors,
- Follow up to ensure timely issuance of reports/queries to auditees and timely submission of responses, information and documents to the auditors to ensure full resolution/clearance of issues.
- Follow up OAG audit issues to confirm implementation of recommendations
- Prepare and submit monthly management status reports on the external audits to Management, Board (Finance & Audit Committees) and Parliamentary Committees as required.
- Supervise the divisional staff
- Development of Audit Coordination Division Budgets.
- Approval of Audit Coordination division expenditures.
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provides oversight for the physical assets assigned to the Audit Coordination Unit.
- Makes decisions using standard operating procedures.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Works predominantly within the office.
Skills required/Job Specifications
- University degree in Commerce /Economics/Business Administration or related field
- CPA or ACCA Finalist
- Member of ICPAK or any other equivalent professional body
- Computer literacy
- At least Seven years’ experience in an accounting or auditing department of which three years should be at Managerial.
Need to know:
- Strategic leadership
- Data analytical skills
- Critical thinking
- Technology savvy
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.