As a customer-centric financial institution, we strongly believe in providing highly personalized services to deliver that personal touch. To better serve our customers, we are on the lookout for a highly motivated and results-oriented individual who demonstrates initiative, good interpersonal and communications skills. He/she should be highly organized and can drive property sales. To succeed in this role, you ought to be passionate, be attentive to detail creative, and have deep understanding of the market and commercial real estate industry.
Reporting to the Property Hub Manager, the Business Development Officer will be responsible for offering support to the sales teams at the Property Hub by maintaining proper reconciliation records for sales, deposits and commissions earned from sales of properties, while managing content and traffic on the property portal. He/she will also be responsible for sharing data on the property market trends with the sales teams for effective customer service.
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Maintain proper reconciliation records for properties listed with the Property Hub ensuring end to end office support through organized and efficient documentation of records and files.
- Manage the Co-operative Bank’s property portal by reviewing property content uploaded by developers and uploading marketing content for private treaty properties onto the property portal.
- Track and respond to property and mortgage enquires originating through the property portal, ensuring prompt feedback and follow up with customers.
- Assess and benchmark property valuation reports furnished to the property hub to identify characteristics or factors affecting value and confirm the actual values returned.
- Serve as the property hub liaison with branches and business segments, property agents, lawyers, valuers and other stakeholders.
- Advise property sellers with a realistic valuation of their property and provide advice on sell ability or fitness of such investment options.
- Budget for the Property Hub sales and marketing events like open days, bus tours and mini-expo’s. In addition to obtain the required approvals originating from the associated expenses.
- Carry out market research on the real estate market and advice on market conditions, market trends, market prices, legal requirements and other related property matters.
- Review applications made for the property reservations, liaising with developers and property owners to advice on the available units for sale.
- Communicate and negotiate property purchase offers initiated through the property hub to property sellers for consideration.
- Co-ordinate with the Developers and property owners to obtain the necessary paper work related to the sale of properties and other solutions available through the property hub.
- Monitor, collect and reconcile fees and commissions earned from the sale of properties.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation and tracking of developers deposits in their respective accounts in the Bank in line with liabilities campaign.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: -
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related discipline or equivalent from a recognized university.
- An advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- Be registered under the Estate Agents Registration Board and Licensed to practice by the same body.
- At least 4 years’ experience in sales and / or relationship management.
- A good understanding and knowledge of the Kenyan property market.