As a Software Architect/Technical Lead, you will be leading projects used by enterprises across the continent and beyond everyday. The work is challenging, fast-paced and always changing. You should have strong communication and problem solving skills to manage and lead teams as well as very keen technical and analytical skills to be able to solve complex challenges.
The successful candidate will report to CEO/CTO and will work with other engineers to build robust products to support substantial growth over the next three years. S/he will specifically be responsible for leading development pertaining to SMS, USSD, Airtime, IVR, Chatbots, Mobile KYC products and other platforms.
Career Growth and Development
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have regular feedback on your performance and monthly reviews. We set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow with a fast growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Work closely with project managers and other engineers to implement versatile solutions to software projects within tight deadlines.
- Take true individual ownership over project timelines and deliverables
- Contribute to system architecture design and implementation decisions
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to complete assigned software development tasks
- Proactively communicate issues with team members and update project management tools/trackers.
- Actively draft business requirements and technical documentation for the projects on online collaborative tools.
- Effectively lead code sprints and drive teams to push weekly deliverables.
- Manage your own and teams’ time, as well with management.
- Collaborate with mobile operators and other vendor technical teams
- Lead, collaborate with and mentor other developers.
This position is for you if you:
- Have at least 6+ years of technical hands-on software development and project management experience.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in the I.T field would be preferred, but not required. Your code portfolio/projects is as important, if not more, as academic qualifications
- Ability to translate software requirements to working products and to effectively collaborate with colleagues who do not necessarily have technical backgrounds
- Advanced experience using Node.js, React, Java(android), Python, PHP;
- Advanced experience with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Frameworks – ExpressJS, CodeIgniter, Yii, Android SDK, Django
- Integration experience with HTTP, XML, SOAP, JSON and other APIs
- Very comfortable with Git versioning control and Git development workflows for teams
- Strong experience using docker, docker compose and docker hub
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms and optimization for scaling web applications.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritise, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment and to change from one task to another with ease.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the Bongo Live mission.
- Possess enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture, we build products on a daily basis, with tight schedules, small teams and a very large user base
- Resourcefulness and flexibility in troubleshooting issues
- A can-do attitude, ready to take challenges head on