About the Role:
Dijitali, is a project by Digital Divide Data. We have created a one of a kind closed network of cybercafes where we provide them with opportunities to grow their business revenues to over 200%. Some of our members have been known to grow their revenues to 500%.
As part of a new plan we are launching this year, 2021, we are recruiting digital associates who we will train in key areas related to cybercafes - customer service, customer handling, basic bookkeeping, etc. The digital associates that qualify will be placed with digital centers in our network for a period of 1-3 months. Our goal is to have several youths who are readily employable in digital centers as part of our job creation goal equipped with skills to enable them to start and run their own cyber café businesses.
Busia, Kajiado, Kisumu, Meru, Migori, Mombasa, Nairobi
Three (3 ) months
Monthly stipend of KSH 8000
- Help customers with the use of computers, applications and internet usage.
- Respond to customers who encounter error messages while accessing websites, emailing or downloading content.
- Provide excellent customer care and assist clients to complete forms and returns for KRA, NTSA, NHIF and other e-government services.
- Assist customers with downloads, printing, scanning, attaching and emailing documents.
- Monitor use of computers, media equipment, printing equipment and other machines to ensure compliance with café policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Sell computer accessories, stationery and other cyber related goods and services while providing advice to customers on care and usage.
- Troubleshoot hardware, terminals, software and connectivity issues.
- Track customers’ time and charges at computer terminals and keep daily records.
- Clean computer areas and tables and keep the premises neat and tidy.
- Anticipate and promote computer and Internet-related products and services of the venture.
- Support the cybercafé owner in basic record keeping/book keeping
- Operate the various printing machinery in the cybercafé including heat press machines and screen printers
- Learn and operate various equipment in the media centers – photo and video equipment, software etc.
- Holding or pursuing diploma or certificate course
- Final year student or graduate of TVET institution in Kenya. (Must indicate the TVET on application and CV)
- Intercultural communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professionalism and reliability