None on Record is looking for a dynamic, organized and proactive individual to take up the position of Director of Operations and Finance.
The ideal candidate for this position is a dedicated and experienced professional able to successfully manage multiple financial tasks. The person will be responsible for ensuring the financial health of the organization. They should be outcome-oriented and pay strong attention to details while working in a fast-paced environment. They should demonstrate an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
The candidate should be well versed with international accounting standards, have a creative mind and have experience working with diverse communities from all over the world. They should be able to identify and combine strategic and operational goals of the organization. They should manage accounting and economic aspects of the organization aimed towards profitable long term growth.
The ideal candidate should be organised and reliable when dealing with organisational tasks and familiar and sensitive to the African LGBT community and context. They should be able to prioritise multiple assignments and work independently.
The Director of Operations and Finance will be based in the Nairobi office and may be required to travel locally and internationally from time to time.
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed.
- Manage a team comprised of Finance and Administration support staff.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Devise strategies to ensure the growth of programs, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
- Oversee the financial department.
- Manage and accounting and administrative personnel in the organization.
- Establish budgets in accordance with the requirements of the organization departments.
- Provide financial advice and expertise during grants and proposal writing by the organization’s staff and generate reports to be submitted to donors/funders and the board.
- Conduct risk assessments and benefits analysis on business initiatives.
- Conducting accounting activities not limited to; income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, tax compliance, preparation of requisitions, banking and payroll.
- Develop annual financial plans and projections for the organization.
- Work closely with admin and operations department to ensure financial accountability, reconciliations and honouring financial requests.
Human Resources Component
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results, maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. Masters and/or CPA (K) will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience/demonstrated 4 years background experience as a Finance Director, Senior Accountant or related position.
- A good understanding of international accounting practices both within grants and enterprise management.
- Ability to organize daily workload priorities.
- Excellent command of English and Kiswahili or any other international language, both spoken and written at a professional level.
- Experience using Quickbooks and G-Suite.
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBT issues and sensitivity to different cultures and nationalities.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience working within the Media and Arts would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of project-based and online accounting software.
- Writing, Reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills for both PC and Mac.
- Time management.
- Financial accountability.
- Great attention to detail, and a high level of autonomy.