Travel 75-100 %
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Nowhere is this mission more alive, and our opportunity so great, than in the education industry.
The profound workplace shift that has taken place has created a need for talent development and reskilling to meet current and future demands. We live in a global, connected, and ever-changing world where people are our most important and needed natural resource. We must prepare them to be successful today and to create future leaders. Microsoft is a learning company and education remains a core priority for Microsoft and to help us respond to market trends, education digital transformation opportunities and ready students for a changing workforce come and join a team that is empowering every student on the planet to achieve more.
- Attraction and leadership of a diverse sales organization of high impact relationship, technical and industry sellers that to expand strategic education customer relationships to drive larger impact and targeted business growth and drive the jointly agreed customer multi-year Digital Transformation business strategy, delivering agreed outcomes
- Mobilizing, orchestrating, mentoring and leading the Microsoft Education team, partners and customer in order to help solidify the path to the complex yet exciting journey that is Digital Transformation
- Disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase case for change and Microsoft's unique value proposition for education
- Leading the Education team with a customer-centric approach, that drives simplicity and tech intensity to:
- Drive student and educator usage by focusing on strategic workloads in Office 365 (Forms, Teams, OneNote)
- Grow usage of integrated learning solutions on the Microsoft platform (Office 365, School Data Synch, Teams, Edge, Dynamics 365)
- Grow and protect Windows 10 device share, by creating demand for experiences specific to Windows
- Drive Azure as the cloud for education, especially in academic research by establishing strategic design wins across top research institutions
- Grow awareness/usage of the Microsoft Cloud to close talent gap of students, researchers and faculty/instructors on Azure/Cloud
- Drive active usage of Minecraft: Education Edition
- Planning and overseeing the process of structuring deals and defining the negotiation strategies for customer accounts
- Establishing Microsoft as a leader in education transformation and future ready skills championing Microsoft’s mission to empower every student by supporting education future-ready skills focus across the spectrum of our audience engagements, from high level conversations on skills/employability with leaders, to getting students excited about computer science, and empowering students to graduate with industry recognized skills
- Remaining focused on customer facing time by running a healthy and predictable business that delivers on a jointly agreed customer Digital Transformation strategy maintaining rigorous sales process compliance
- Continuously nurturing and expanding your sales, industry, technology and competitive knowledge and capabilities
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the Microsoft Worldwide Industry Teams to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation offerings
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong sales and business background, with 5-8 years education related experience and 3 or more years of people management and leading high performing sales teams and partners to achieve quota and sustainable growth year-over year
- Experience of selling education software solutions (Microsoft software and devices technology preferred) combined with deep understanding of key education solutions and competitive technologies
- Strong business planning and coaching/instilling business discipline skills woven with ability to encourage sales/tech sales team to develop and implement targeted plans
- Possess executive maturity, presence and experience in building trust with senior education decision makers and articulating how education institutions can digitally transform teaching and learning/student outcomes with Microsoft solutions
- Ability to drive digital transformation in a highly competitive environment with proven ability to successfully anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions, address competitive threats and navigate complex customer environments
- Experience in leading and driving the entire sales cycle, orchestrating virtual selling teams where necessary, leveraging repeatable offerings that maximize revenue/market share/consumption opportunities and increase customer satisfaction
- Ability to develop external partner eco-system to scale execution & be comfortable with public speaking and the media
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.