Position Summary: We are looking for a driven and experienced Finance Manager to oversee all aspects financial management, ensuring compliance with internal policies as well as donor requirements.
S/he will oversee the day-to-day activities of the Finance department and is responsible for the effective use and deployment of financial resources.
S/he would be reporting to the COO and would be the sole dedicated finance person in a lean team of ten.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, estimated at KES 75,000 – 120,000 per month.
Preference will go to candidates that have demonstrable experience in both NGO and FMCG settings.
- Provide leadership to and supervise the Finance and Administration team members
- Provide useful financial information and insights to help senior management and Board of Directors make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy
- Develop, implement and update the group’s policies and accounting practices’ manuals and ensure adherence to the same – your job is to be the gatekeeper.
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate) and act as back up for processing all of the following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, revenue and expenses, fixed assets, prepayments, accruals cash, bank and allocations.
- Monitor and control expenditure in line with capital, operational and grant budgets.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and controls in line with transaction processing best practices.
- Perform and oversee month-end closing procedures including overhead allocation and account reconciliations.
- Oversee the management of inventory including participation in the stock take processes and enforcement of controls.
- Manage the group’s cashflow to ensure adequate liquidity at all times including optimal management of account receivables and payables.
- Maintain and building banking relationships and negotiate favorable forex rates
- Ensure filing of monthly statutory returns including VAT, WHT, NHIF, NSSF, NITA and PAYE and compliance with applicable tax and other statutory regulations.
- Oversee product importation and costing process.
- Maintain an orderly documentation filing system
- Manage risk and insurance programs of the office to limit risk and losses.
- Manage account opening and customer relationships focusing on credit control and timely debt recovery
- Work closely with the sales manager to ensure the team achieves its targets
- Lead on streamlining distribution and delivery of products
- Maintain accurate records of stock and proactively recommend stock orders
- Prepare and issue accurate monthly performance, management and financial reports to support decision making by the Board of Directors and senior management in line with reporting timelines.
- Provide financial analyses and models as and when required in particular pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
- Coordinate the preparation for and successful completion of statutory and donor audits.
- Coordinate the financial planning process in conjunction with senior management, producing annual budgets and forecasts and integrating them in Quickbooks and reporting.
- Prepare cashflow reports
Grant and Fund Management
- Produce the not-for profit financial reports in line with donor requirements
- Maintain the grant reporting calendar and database including all required deliverables as stated per awards and contracts.
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals’ financial budgets.
- Evaluate and further clean the data being inputted into Quickbooks online for both ZAP and ZAG
- Oversee a quality data migration and setup from desktop Quickbooks to Quickbooks online
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Possess a professional qualification – CPA(K), ACCA or equivalent
- 2+ years relevant work experience in a similar position or 5+ years as a senior accountant or equivalent in FMCG. Not-for profit organizations experience will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of GAAPs, audits and other regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll and payroll returns filing
- Detailed knowledge and experience in Quickbooks online
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proficient in the use of MS applications including advanced Excel functions.
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Kuria Gecau.
Please include in your cover letter what positive change you made in your prior organization that were unique to yourself, both qualitative and quantitatively.
Applications that do not comply to these requests will not be reviewed