Supervisor / Manager title: Institutional Transformation Manager
Job Summary: Uraia seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the position of Project Officer-Gender.
The jobholder is responsible for providing support to the Institutional Transformation Pillar for effective and efficient execution of programme activities under the Women Voice and Leadership Project.
A key part of this role involves day to day management of implementing partners under the project, supporting the planning and implementation of the institutional strengthening plans of the partners.
- Provide support and participate in planning, budgeting and review of programme reports.
- Support and participate in the recruitment process of Women Rights Organizations (WROs) as Implementing Partners for the project, including capacity assessment of the WROs.
- Support in the development and implementation of Institutional strengthening frameworks of the Women Rights Organizations.
- Support in reviewing of WRO partner reports and harvesting results as per the output indicators and programme targets.
- Support in monitoring the implementation by WROs and documenting success stories, challenges and lessons learned.
- Assist in compiling of the Women Voice and Leadership Project reports.
- Provide logistical support for the organization of WVL Project capacity development workshops, meetings and learnings forums.
- Participate in the learning, monitoring and evaluation activities of Uraia in liaison with the Institutional Transformation Manager
- Manage all gender specific data and information for Uraia and facilitate analysis of the same for use in programming.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by Institutional Transformation Manager.
Focus areas of responsibility – % of time spent
- Planning, partner management and follow up, support to institutional strengthening activities – 75%
- Analysis and Reporting – 20%
- Administration – 5%
Academic and professional qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Project, Social or Development Studies, Gender and Development or other related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing programme/project activities in the civil society sector.
- Additional training and qualifications on women and girl’s empowerment will be desirable.
- Demonstrated work experience on gender and development
- Demonstrated work experience in socio/economic and political empowerment of Women and Girls.
- Demonstrated work experience on project planning and management
- Demonstrated experience of working in democracy and governance sector in civic society will be an added advantage.
- Planning and coordination skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Quality orientation abilities
- Enthusiastic and passionate about their work
- Eager to learn and put skills into action
- Team player
Core technical skills required for the role
- Programme and project implementation
- Gender analysis and mainstreaming
- Management of project budgets
The engagement for this position will be for an initial contract of three 2 years that is renewable subject to performance and availability of funding.
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application letter and detailed CV, expected salary, contact details and quoting reference number UT/2020/03/01 with the subject being
Application for Project Officer by 5.00 pm. on 20th April 2020 addressed to:
The Human Resources Unit, Uraia Trust,
P.O Box 28151-00100,
E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the anticipated large number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by email address provided above only and no hard copy delivery will be accepted.
In addition, canvassing by interested applicants is not encouraged and therefore any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.