NEMA with support of GIZ a German Government Project, will be undertaking a one-year project in 2020 on monitoring of Ozone Depleting Substances in Kenya. The Authority seeks to recruit an intern during the project period to support this assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will work under the guidance of NEMA officers, in consultation with the National Ozone Unit (NOU) and GIZ. Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Following up on the licenses and permits issued by NEMA for 2019 to the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (RAC) industry
- Assisting NEMA in collating and corroborating physically on the import quantities of refrigerants through meeting with importing companies, NEMA officers at the borders and Customs Officers of the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Drafting comprehensive report on the verified imported quantities
- Monitoring and reporting on the import licenses and permits issued by NEMA for 2020 to the industry
- Assisting NEMA and the NOU to gain an accurate and detailed picture of the import of ODS in the country
- Reporting on a regular to the NOU and GIZ
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this position a candidate must have;
- Graduated with a university degree in Environmental Chemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Biochemistry or any other related field from a recognised Institution, within the last five (5) years;
- Good interpersonal skills required to interact successfully with various stakeholders ranging from industry to government;
- Good communication skills both written and spoken;
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel and Power point;
- A valid certificate of good conduct from Directorate of criminal investigations (DCI).
In addition the candidate must be;
- Willing to take up the internship immediately.
- Able to work independently to ensure that the deadlines are adhered to
- Willing to working in an environment involving government officials and government agencies
Candidates who meet the requirements outlined above should apply through the online portal https://erp.nema.go.ke:8081/ and submit their application and copies of their certificates and testimonials by 27th February 2020. Attachments should not exceed 10MB.
Duration of Internship
Nine (9) months
The successful candidate will be paid a stipend at a rate to be determined by GIZ
- NEMA will not offer employment after completion of the internship.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NEMA is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates living with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.