- Job Description
The primary role of the position will be to undertake a comprehensive communication audit and thereafter develop and implement a corporate communication strategy that meets the Council’s communication needs.
We are looking for a self-driven individual with a strong and relevant professional background for this position. The right individual will bring innovation and creativity to the role, while providing practical advice to MCK’s management in executing the communications strategy. The key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a Corporate Communication Strategy to be applied in all its internal and external communications.
- Provide leadership in executing a vibrant communication strategy at the MCK
- Advise to the CEO on strategic communications matters
- Promote the corporate image and brand of the MCK.
- Manage MCK’s publicity and visibility.
- Supervise MCK’s publications including blogs, Vlogs, newsletters, and other IEC materials.
- Organise media events including news conferences, interviews, media visits, media appearances and handling media enquiries.
- Create and implement a system of media monitoring and conducting communication audits for MCK.
- Prepare media kits including facts sheets, backgrounders, and speeches.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys and implementation of recommendations.
- Develop an outreach strategy that enhances MCK accessibility.
- Develop and implement a corporate service charter for the MCK.
- Grow the MCK partnership pool for long term project engagements.
- Enhance MCK corporate relationship directory.
- Developing effective support networks and positive working relationships with ministries, government agencies, development partners and non-state actors.
- Manage internal information needs.
- Create a vibrant corporate social responsibility scheme at the MCK
- Manage the Council’s Social Media platforms.
- Organize Council flagship events and formation of such events as conferences, workshop and seminars.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
- Ability to both lead and work collaboratively within a team, motivate and inspire
- Training experience and the ability to transfer skills to others
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An interest in and passion for MCK’s mandate, mission and values
- Ability to mobilise stakeholders.
- Online information management, social media, and website administration
- Understand Kenya’s media environment.
- Degree in social sciences, journalism, communications or related field from a recognised institution.
- Relevant Master’s Degree together with the above qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing corporate communication strategies and programs.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar position in a medium/large organisation
Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can also be sent via E-mail: email@example.com
Or hand deliver applications to: Media Council of Kenya, Ground Floor, Britam Centre at Mara/Ragati Road Junction in Upper Hill So as to reach not later than 9th February 2021.
NB: The Media Council of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.