Our client a leading FMCG in East Africa is looking to hire a Sales Supervisor.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Direct reports: Sales Representatives, Retail Reps
Regions: Nairobi Region, Mountain Region, Lake Region, North Rift Region, Central Rift Region, Eastern Region, Coast Region
To manage the sales teams in his area and ensure that the Company products are available in the market, costs are optimised, teams are effectively trained and meeting targets, and all data pertaining to the sales team is captured accurately to drive informed decision making.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting customers with complaints or inquiries related to products, services, or purchases.
- Conducting periodic customer surveys to improve customer/product segmentation and overall satisfaction.
- Tracking volumes, numbers, and margins by reviewing sales reports and ensuring the sales team achieves weekly, quarterly, monthly, and annual sales target.
- Conducting periodic retail audits to assess whether all markets are being serviced by Sales Representatives and Commission Sales Representatives.
- Writing and submitting periodic reports based on sales and any other occurrences.
- Monitoring market fluctuations, tendencies, and trends as well as following competitor’s activity.
- Monitoring and overseeing the activity of Sales Reps and Retail teams
- Assisting in the provision of regular training sessions to all sales team members on the company strategy and products as well as effective sales techniques.
- Providing reports on the performance of team members coupled with supporting evidence.
- Coordinating periodic meeting with sales representatives and retail teams to discuss any challenges or best practices in an effort to improve the sales function of the company.
- Conducting periodic spot checks to verify the information captured by the sales team.
- Mapping out routes for the sales representatives to follow to the stockists.
- Receiving orders from the sales team and ensuring that they are serviced.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing or any relevant field.
- Training in Sales/Marketing or any related field would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience of working with a multinational or a multi-national distributor
- Previous experience selling and supervising teams within FMCG goods categories
- Experience of working with SFA systems