Do you have software development experience? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Our client, an American based remote company, is looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer with a knack for Marketing and Customer facing work, located within Africa, to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team. You will have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people taking full ownership of the product.
They are looking for someone who has experience not only with their tech stack in a successful SaaS company but also with agile methodologies and web development.
Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
The current technology includes NodeJS, VueJS, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, DynamoDB, AWS SQS, AWS IoT, AWS EC2, ELK Stack, Jest, and more.
Job Type: Remote
Salary: Based on experience
- 4+ years of progressively responsible software engineering and DevOps experience.
- Experience designing and implementing end-to-end continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Demonstrated production environment experience with at least one major public cloud (i.e., AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Configuration management and infrastructure-as-code (Serverless, Terraform,
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional and/or technical teams to deliver an Agile-based project.
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address practical business problems.
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into technical solutions.
- Experience delivering complex solutions utilizing common scripting/programming languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, NodeJs, Python, Go, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental cloud security (e.g., Identity and Access Management, firewalls, etc.).
- Develop and implement complex automation tasks and cloud architecture.
- Advocate DevOps culture, tooling, delivery methods, and cultural practices.
- Help to hit product milestones by writing high quality, well-tested code.
- Perform and participate in code reviews.
- Analyze and constantly improve security surrounding the platform and integrations.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to peers, less experienced engineers, and client personnel.
- Help grow our culture of learning by taking part in and coordinating opportunities such as presenting at technical conferences, community groups, writing blog articles, and contributing to partner-coordinated workshops.
- Identify, qualify, and raise technical risks and issues.
- Helping write high-quality documentation for both customer and internal use.
- Participate in mandatory weekly calls.
Do we spark your interest? Send us your CV today!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!