THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a passionate and creative digital communications specialist ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
This role will report to the Lead, Executive Communications, under the Policy and Thought Leadership function. The ideal candidate will be creative, proactive, and able to conceptualize, plan, and execute effective digital campaigns and help shape and execute the digital strategy for Young Africa Works.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Manage multiple social media channels.
- Plan social media content calendar for the Reeta Roy and Young Africa Works handles, including proactively helping identify content gathering opportunities and needs.
- Conduct social media monitoring.
- Produce weekly and monthly social media reports, including recommendations.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute digital campaigns that align with the strategic objectives of the Foundation and in particular, the Policy & Thought Leadership team.
- Pro-actively identify storytelling / thought leadership opportunities through social media listening.
- Work with Program Communications to identify impact stories for online sharing.
- Coordinate closely with Corporate Communications for cross promotion and alignment with the corporate handles.
- Support Events and YAW Summit Lead by developing social media plan for promoting, amplifying, and covering events, particularly CEO events.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Partner to identify opportunities to package existing footage and photos for social media use.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field.
- You have 4+ years’ experience managing social media platforms preferably for a global corporation, non-profit, foundation, or as part of an agency.
- You have successfully conceptualized and managed digital campaigns.
- You have a proven track record of positive impact on digital media campaigns.
- You are reliable, trustworthy, and discreet.
- You are thoughtful, collaborative and able to work well with a diverse and high-energy team.
- You are ambitious – but humble.
- You are a pro-active problem-solver and doer.
- You are passionate about social media and digital trends, globally and in Africa, which you love to stay on top of.
- You are passionate about young people.
- You are willing to travel regularly across Africa.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is 17th April 2020
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.