Overall responsibility: The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Nairobi Delegation is looking to fill the position of Talent Attraction Officer with proficiency in Arabic, French or Portuguese.
The talent officer will be responsible for Identifying, engaging and attracting the right talent for today and tomorrow’s ICRC Operational success.
This is an opportunity for Kenyan nationals.
Together, building the future
Welcome to the future where you will be part of a fantastic transformation! We have the ambition to create ICRC’s first ever Talent Attraction & Employer Branding Centre of Expertise (TAT CoE), exciting times ahead!
In line with our institutional and people strategy, our mission is to position the Organisation as an employer of choice and to attract the right people, today and tomorrow.
Your next team
You will be part of an ambitious, proactive, remote, and diverse group of professionals whose daily endeavour is to actively team up with internal (Recruiters, Talent Managers, HRBP, HR Managers, Heads of Unit/Delegation and external partners (Red Cross/Crescent National Societies, professionals, associations, Diasporas, alumni and Universities in order to identify, engage and attract candidates, using the most effective and innovative practices/tools.
In collaboration with the Line Manager (based in Geneva), you and your future colleague will be responsible for the creation of our regional Talent Sourcing Hub in Nairobi.
In collaboration with internal/external partners, as Talent Attraction Officer, you will succeed by:
- Rolling out our Talent Attraction Strategy in line with the Organization’s global recruitment needs;
- Delivering outstanding services based on our customer & data-driven approach for Talent Attraction (Direct Sourcing, Talent Engagement, Market Intelligence, Employer Branding, and Outreach;
- Conducting global and regional Talent Attraction initiatives based on targets, Key Performance Indicators, and Service Level Agreements;
- Delivering annual and “on-demand” labour market analysis which will define your action;
- Crafting and curating humanitarian content in order to build and engage with talent communities including professionals, associations, diasporas, alumni, Universities, etc;
- Training and advising peers as well as internal partners on employer branding best practices;
- Advising prospective candidates on competency building to help them meet ICRC’s standards and guiding them through the application process;
- Actively participating in global projects for the team and unit’s continuous improvement;
- Embracing and nurturing collaboration within the Red Cross movement (Nationals Societies and the IFRC) as well as with other humanitarian Organisations;
- Representing the ICRC during webinars, live sessions, key professional events, conferences, workshops, and recruitment fair;
- Delivering monthly, quarterly and annual reports on your activity/progression and budget management.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in HR, labour psychology, digital marketing, and/or communication;
- Professional experience, at least 5 years experience, 2 of which are in talent sourcing, recruitment, employer branding or/and HR Marketing within an international, non-profit and/or humanitarian Organisation;
- Proficiency in Boolean string search;
- Digital excellence in implementing, deploying, and managing sourcing and employer branding tools as well as actions/reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to create written/visual content for digital HR Marketing purposes and to run efficient communication/recruitment campaigns;
- Perfect command of written and spoken English and advanced level French, Arabic, or Portuguese;
- Experience working with remote and international teams;
- At ease managing and reporting on budget plans and expenses;
- Willing to travel within the covered region (Africa);
- Humanitarian/voluntary field experience and exposure;
- Proven Project Management skills/experience;
Attitude is key
- Strong drive, “can-do attitude”, positive thinking and solution-oriented mind-set
- Active listener, benevolent and remarkable team spirit
- Outstanding communication and networking skills at all levels of hierarchy
- Self-learner/starter, high degree of autonomy and proven organizational skills
- Confirmed representation and presentation skills
- Commitment and capacity to convey humanitarian motivation
- In-depth knowledge of Africa’s labour market, recruiting practices and local HR Marketing mediums
What we offer
- A great opportunity to join the world’s most respected humanitarian Organisation
- Create an impact and influence the future of Talent Attraction at the ICRC
- Change people’s lives by helping them identify their next career move
- Exciting professional development and stimulating benefits package
- A unique, global, remote, and diverse team
- You will be based at ICRC’s office in Nairobi