Options seeks a Team Leader to be responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction of the programme. The post holder will lead a team of technical experts and administrators and also serves as the key point of contact for the World Bank, government, programme consortium partners, and other stakeholders
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction of the programme. The post holder will lead a team of technical experts and administrators and will also serve as the key point of contact for the World Bank, government, programme consortium partners, and other stakeholders.
The Team Leader will report to the Country Representative based in the Options Nairobi office and will work closely with Options’ management and administrative colleagues. Additionally, the post holder will ensure that programme objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to.
Responsibilities will include:
- Programme delivery, and oversight - oversee programme strategies, technical approaches, workplans, risk management, and budgets. Ensure the programme delivers against its theory of change and achieves its intended results.
- Team management and leadership - lead a team of technical, financial and administrative experts to deliver the programme to the highest technical quality.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience providing technical, strategic and programme management oversight to similar donor funded health programmes and/or organizations.
- Expertise in Planning, Budgeting Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Expertise and experience working in Kenya’s health sector, with in-depth knowledge of health systems strengthening approaches in the context of devolution. Relevant networks at the county level in this area (desirable)
- Experience and knowledge of working with data and surveillance systems, including Kenyan Health Information System and Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response, ensuring data from these inform evidence-based decision-making.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience leading a team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high quality work. Experience managing teams in high risk environments (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of working with the World Bank and familiarity of World Bank practice and protocol with a proven ability to represent organisations and programmes with the World Bank.
- Experience of engaging closely with complex partnership set-ups, and/or multi-donor trust fund arrangements. Such as the MDTF RMNCAH TA projects (desirable)
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision