If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
General Plastics Ltd is the premier manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging in Kenya and the East Africa region.
Our product range includes plastic bottles, jars, tubs, closures, caps and pumps. In manufacturing, we employ blow moulding, injection moulding and stretch blow technologies.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to be part of our versatile team.
Job Purpose: The successful candidate will be tasked with performing repairs; preventive and corrective maintenance on production machinery, equipment and facility while implementing best practises in manufacturing.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies;
- Install, adjust and repair Injection and blow moulding machines, trimmers, chillers and other related equipment;
- Inspect and replace pneumatic and hydraulic hoses;
- Inspect, rebuild and replace valves and pumps;
- Perform preventative maintenance on all related equipment;
- Maintain machines in optimal processing condition;
- Weld, fabricate and repair various machines;
- Troubleshoot, locate root problems and repair support equipment;
- Maintain regular cross-functional communication with other relevant departments;
- Maintain records of work performed as required;
- May operate blow moulding or injection machines if required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the plastic moulding industry;
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair or replace all components of Injection Moulding machines, Blow Moulding Machinery and equipment. This includes but is not limited to all electrical equipment, hydraulics, mechanical, piping, pumps, and pneumatics in the Moulding Department;
- Ability to read parts breakdowns and machine schematics;
- Analytical with good problem solving skills;
- Keen attention to detail and strong organization skills;
- Well-developed communication skills.
Method of Application
Send a soft copy of your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to: Adept Systems Management Consultants P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date: Friday 21st October 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.