Administrator Job Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Posted on: 4 November, 2016
Deadline: 18 November, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at The Ol Pejeta Conservancy (OPC)
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy (OPC) – a leading wildlife conservancy that works to conserve wildlife, provides a sanctuary for great apes and to generate income through wildlife tourism and complementary enterprises for re-investment in conservation and community development is seeking high caliber, self – motivated and dedicated applicants in the position of Livestock Administrator
Role Summary: Working under the supervision of the Head of Livestock; Working together with the entire Livestock department whilst liaising with all Ol Pejeta departments, the preferred candidate will be responsible for all administrative work relating to cattle records and production evaluation across the entire department.
Responsibilities for the Livestock Admin Job
- Managing CattleMax software program of over 7000 animals.
- Collecting of field data for inputting into system including
- Weight Gains
- Calving reports
- Weaning reports
- Mortality Reports
- Slaughter and sales Summary
- Charcoal and hay sales and stock reports
- Monthly returns reports
- Culling reports
- Herd formation reports
- Pregnancy testing reports
- Bulling reports
- Micro chipping and cow calf transfers
- Staff payroll data
- Ordering and stock takes
- Grazing returns and admin for third party cattle
- Assisting in all general livestock and agricultural supervisory work and scheduling especially in the absence of the Deputy Manager – Livestock.
Qualifications for the Livestock Admin Job
- Have a relevant diploma. A relevant degree will be an a added advantage
- Be a good communicator with a high standard of verbal and written English & Swahili.
- Have good mastery of MS Office applications (Be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Be a team player, presentable and confident, organized, self-driven and thorough. Able to demonstrate initiative, work independently and have exceptional operation and organizational skills.
- Have over 5 years’ of relevant experience in a managerial or supervisory role with a focus on administration preferably in the livestock or agricultural sector
- Driving license with a motorcycle class stamp.
Method of Application
- Any person who wishes to be considered for this position is requested to submit their application letters stating their current salary together with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials/references and any valid professional licenses to the Head of Human Capital by Friday, 18th November 2016.
- Our contacts are: Ol Pejeta Conservancy P.O. Box Private Bag, Nanyuki -10400
- Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mail subject as “Livestock Administrator”. The Ol Pejeta Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.All potential candidates are encouraged to apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about The Ol Pejeta Conservancy (OPC)Similar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Accountant Job at World Vision
- Branch Manager Job at Young Women Christian Association (YWCA)
- Career Opportunities at FHI 360 - 7 Positions
- Administration Manager Job at World Relief
- Senior Legal Adviser Job at The Association for Women's Rights in Development (AWID)
- Capital Markets Development Specialist Job at FSD Africa
- Internal Auditor Job at Food for the Hungry