If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.
The Corporate Services Officer is responsible for delivering a consistently high-quality (completeness, accuracy, and timeliness), customer service-orientated, administration and support function to the Director of Corporate Services (DCS) and the wider Corporate Services team.
The position requires regular interaction with administration counterparts in CS and other directorates, ICRAF offices and CGIAR Systems Management Office and CGIAR Centres.
Corporate Services Officer Job Responsibilities
Administration and Support – Corporate Services
- Support the DCS through pro-active calendar management, scheduling and prioritising and providing administrative support for appointments and meetings
- Schedule and manage CS external visitors and appointments
- Coordinate and support weekly CS management team meetings, periodic DCS; senior manager 1:1s and CS full team meetings.
- Provide high level administrative support to the Corporate Services senior managers, as required
- Work with Communications and ICT to ensure that CS sections of the ICRAF Intranet is up to date and accurate
- Lead in organizing logistics for CS workshops, meetings, and events and taking minutes and actions of meetings, including preparing budgets and settling payments
- In liaison with the Travel Office and Financial Services Unit, manage travel arrangements and the personal account of the DCS.
Coordination and Liaison
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with support staff of other departments and units including regional offices, and hosted institutions and facilitate the flow of work between other units and CS
- Work with the Communications Unit to maintain the profile and awareness of the role and policies and procedures of the CS directorate
- Organize teleconferences, webinars and community of practice related events and communications as required
- Convene regular meetings with Administration/Finance staff in other departments and contribute to the efficient flow of work and resolving and improving any systems shortfalls and gaps
- Facilitate the reviews and updates of ICRAF policies and guidelines under Corporate Services Directorate
Compliance and Performance
- For the Finance and Resource Mobilisation Committee of the Board of Trustees (BoT), and any other BoT committees as required, support the compilation of agenda, papers and minutes according to agreed timeline
- In liaison with CS Heads, maintain and update the risk register/profile for CS
- Facilitate the follow-up of all recommendations and action plans related to internal and external audit reports and other assurance reports and reviews, as related to CS
- In consultation with the team responsible centrally, prepare and consolidate Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data for CS as and when required
- Liaise with Human Resources in relation to HR policies and procedure issues concerning CS, including recruitment, learning and development and performance management
- Oversee and manage the capital assets of CS
- Identify and take action to mitigate potential risks within work area.
Requirements for the Corporate Services Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Calendar management
- Office administration, management
- Meeting management
- Risk analysis
- Travel planning and reservations (leisure, business)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) career website on www.worldagroforestry.org to apply