Administrative Assistant Job at United Nations Environment Programme
Posted on: 7 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at United Nations
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP’s Regional Office for Africa (ROA) helps to implement all UNEP’s programmes and projects in the Africa region by initiating, coordinating and catalyzing regional and sub-regional cooperation and action in response to environmental challenges and emerging issues. This position is located in the UNEP/ROA at the Nairobi duty station.
- Provide assistance in support of planning and implementation activities/processes for the departmental programme/project initiatives; Research, compile, analyse, summarize, and present basic information/data on specific programmes/projects and related topics;
- Assist in the coordination of programme/project planning and preparation; monitor status of programme/project proposals;
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of programme/project budget proposals;
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of programmes/projects;
- Categorize, update, track and analyse data related to programmes/projects, e.g. accounting records, outputs, resources utilized, deviations/revisions, etc.;
- Carry out periodic status reviews, identify issues and initiate requisite follow-up actions;
- Prepare revised budget estimates;
- Report on budget revisions, expenditures and obligations, verify availability of funds; ensure necessary approval and entry in computerized budget system;
- Prepare, maintain and update files (electronic and paper) and internal databases; Draft correspondence and communication related to all aspects of programme/project administration, including work plan and budgets, revisions and other related issues; Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff.
- Maintain and monitor the Correspondence Tracking System (CTS), maintain a computerized mail logs for all new tasks and outgoing ones. Log and route daily incoming/outgoing correspondence attaching feedback, sources of their information;
- Track correspondence by follow-up to ensure action is being taken, set up and maintain log records;
- Identify issues requiring supervisor's attention and refers others to relevant Team Leaders for appropriate distribution;
- Regularly prepare updates, summaries and briefing notes on the status on Logs;
- Draft responses to correspondence as requested, monitors on responses on logs progress.
Budget and Finance:
- Monitor expenditures and compares with approved budget;
- Prepare adjustments as necessary.
- Assist managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions. Assist in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations career website on www.fuzu.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about United NationsSimilar Jobs
- Finance Officer at CIAT
- Administrative Assistant at Malteser International
- Career Opportunities at United Nations Office for Project Services
- Career Opportunities at UN Human Settlements Program
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at IMA World Health
- Country Director at CARE International
- Consultancy at Wetlands International
- Career Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services