If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Eastern Produce has agricultural and horticultural operations in Kenya, Malawi and South Africa and is part of Camellia Plc group company.
Producing a unique range of quality products from East and Southern Africa that meet legal, regulatory and customer requirements, we operate on the principle that diligent management of social and environmental welfare is paramount to the sustainable future of our operations.
The candidate will be based at the Group Central Workshop (GCW) in Nandi Hills
His/her main job purpose will be to manage and coordinate all activities at Eastern Produce Kenya Ltd main store at Group Central Workshop, efficiently and cost effectively in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Stores Manager Job
- Plan and requisition goods as and when required
- Ensure proper records of all stock items held by GCW are maintained in the system.
- Ensure delivery and receipt of goods and that quality standards are met
- Conduct and coordinate weekly, monthly and annual stock take and identify slow moving stock items for disposal or designation as redundant stock
- Identify and ensure any variance between weekly Stock takes are investigated and corrected
- Prepare stock requisition on a daily basis
- Control and oversee receipts and issues ensuring accuracy and correctness of the documents before processing and required authorization.
- Ensure proper storage to prevent stock items from damage
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the stores for ease of accessibility.
- Plan, assign and delegate responsibilities to subordinate staff
- Assist in preparing stores annual budget
- Assist in planning and carrying out maintenance programs
- Ensure adequate physical security is maintained on stocks
- Control entry in to the Main stores
- Manage stores staff training programmes.
- Ensure compliance to relevant safety procedures and regulations by all staff in the stores
Stores Manager Job Specifications and Experience
- Hold a Degree in a business related field.
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain management and or Stores/ Warehouse Management or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing a large store with high value items.
- 2 years’ experience in budget preparation, monitoring and control of all expenditure against approved budget.
- Being member of a relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Have knowledge and experience in a ERP system.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Be a person of Integrity with good organisational skills.
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, cover letter and relevant certificates to the below address by 25th November 2016 Josker Malago – Juma Administration Manager–Nairobi Eastern Produce Kenya Limited PO Box 45560 –00100 Nairobi Recruitment@easternproduce.co.ke Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted