Advisor I, Programs at Ipas Africa
Posted on: 8 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Ipas Africa
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the Ipas Africa Alliance for Women’s Reproductive Health and Rights works to reduce maternal deaths from unsafe abortion; to expand the availability of high-quality comprehensive abortion care; and to advocate for policies that advance women’s reproductive health and rights across the continent.
- Works closely with the Program Manager and other technical leads in the project management initiative at the Alliance that includes updates to project life documents as and when needed.
- Liaises with the Program Manager as necessary in the in-country design write process.
- Work with the program manager in the annual planning and budget development process including entry of budgets into the Ipas designed system.
- Reviews activity budgets& discrepancies as well as tracking team expenditures and provides support during budget creation and revision processes.
- Assists team members by tracking activity deadlines and drafting or reviewing reports, grant agreements, service contracts, program work plans, and other related documents as needed
- Responsible for the production of documents, including agreements, contracts, disbarment schedules, project timelines and work plans, activity reports and financial and narrative reports during contract period
- Works closely with the technical and work order leads for purposes of timely documentation of trip/ activity reports as per the Alliance work plan and ensures that these are uploaded on the Alliance CRT share point. This also includes liaising with the R&E technical leads on activity events in Terra after each activity.
- Regular monthly updates of the Management Monitoring Tool as the activities are implemented.
- Take lead in the sub grant management including but not limited to review of the monthly financial and narrative reports versus the targets, monthly tracking of the contractual agreements, carry out programmatic field visits and raising any deviations/ issues with the program manager.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, may provide support in the monitoring of the implementation of the in-country work plans by conducting a monthly review of plans versus results and documenting the variance.
- In a minimal way, may provide administrative support including scheduling and coordinating meetings and conferences, taking notes, setting-up meeting rooms, making copies, travel planning, and other tasks as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Internal and External Parties
- Collaborates with the Manager, Programs Advisors and Sr. Advisors in reference to unit meetings, shared tasks, and logistics
- Works with the Finance Advisor in reference to budgets, financial reports, project expenditures, claims, and other financial issues
- Reports to the Program Manager in reference to program implementation, budget reviews and tracking, document requests, workshop planning& logistics and administrative issues
- Works with the manager in the project management initiative.
- Manages relationships with external entities including grantees, convention service providers, travel agents, and representatives of partner reproductive health organizations
Minimal Requirements for Position
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences.
- Relevant experience in project implementation& management and budgeting.
- 5 years’ experience in a relevant position required
- Experience in event planning/ coordination, administration, and/or public health is preferred
- Ability to travel 40%
- Working knowledge of computer software, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Project management.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Working knowledge of forecasting project budgets
- Skilled in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Working knowledge of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ipas Africa career website on jobs-ipas.icims.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ipas AfricaSimilar Jobs
- TVET Advisor at GIZ
- Senior Operations Assistant at PATH
- Program Director at Mercy Corps
- ICT Internship Opportunity at UNDP
- WASH Specialist at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager at Mercy Corps
- Career Opportunities at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Project Officer, Resource of Open Minds (R.O.O.M) at Hivos People