DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Business partner to commercial teams on legal & regulatory affairs pertaining to all company products
- To carry out research on legal and regulatory issues relating to company’s products/services in all markets and ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, contracts and company policies, as well as attend industry forums
- To attend to regulatory affairs e.g. licence applications, filing returns / compliance reports and represent the company in industry forums
- To give proactive, prompt and proper legal & regulatory advice to the management and user departments and to keep them informed of the latest legal and regulatory developments as well as best practice
- To provide sound advice on potential risks and measures that can be taken to mitigate such risks related to the new products so as to avoid disputes and losses
- Dispute resolution
- To carry out due diligence on potential business partners and service providers
- To undertake contract drafting and review in respect of new products in all markets and ensure registration of contracts (as required),
- Any other assigned duties
- A bachelor of laws university degree in law from an accredited institution. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years’ post admission work experience
- Certificate of admission to the roll of advocates of the High Court of Kenya
- Must possess a current practicing certificate
- Broad exposure and relevant experience in legal practice in corporate and commercial law, preferably in a corporate entity or busy law firm.
- Experience in IT industry, banking or financial services will be an added advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in handling cross-border transactions
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good communication, presentation, research and analytical skills
- Good grasp of the law, in interpretation as well as application
- Excellent legal writing skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to deliver good quality work under strict deadlines and with little or no supervision
- Strong leadership skills
- Interest in general knowledge
- On-call availability
- Willingness and ability to travel and be away for long periods of time at a go.