If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WTS Energy, headquartered in the Netherlands and established in 2000, is one of the leading Outsourcing & Workforce Management Companies to the Global Energy industry. WTS Supplies Manpower, Recruitment, Outsourcing Services in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas. WTS Energy works on all Energy projects, Oil & Gas and Renewables. We have access to the entire global skill pool of energy specialists and have local knowledge and associations in different regions for efficient operational support. We have registered offices in 17 countries such as Netherlands, UAE, Nigeria, Mozambique, Gabon, Jordan, Yemen, Iraq, Kurdistan, Germany, UK, Serbia, US, Canada, India, Malaysia, and Singapore. Specialties Oil and Gas Recruitment, Manpower Supply for Oil & Gas Industry, Project Recruitment Campaigns, Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Workforce Management, Employment Solutions for new regions, Operations Support, Contract Staffing, Permanent Hire
Working with the support and supervision of the Trade and Development Officer at the Embassy Kenya:
- Contribute to the planning and delivering of the Trade Promotion (TP) function of the Embassy in Kenya (as reflected in the annual Embassy Business Plan);
- Engage with the business network;
- Maintain a database of business interests in Kenya/region;
- Assist in developing and updating the Embassy ‘Doing Business in Kenya’ template;
- Contribute to the planning/delivery of Ministerial led trade missions to Kenya;
- Commission studies to identify opportunities for business in defined sectors;
- Assist with the development of Embassy systems to capturing, updating, storing and communicating information – in areas relevant to our TP responsibilities;
- Provide advice about the capture and measurement of results achieved in the area of Trade Promotion;
- Advise about accessing funds available for regional TP activities;
- Assist with outreach to relevant organisations (regional and country specific) that can contribute to enhancing trading relationships between country and East Africa and in origin country.
Working with the Trade Promotion Officer in each of the 4 missions that constitute the East African hub:
- Plan and organise regular communication between Embassy TP officers in Kenya/Tanzania/Ethiopia/Uganda to jointly plan and exchange information and experiences in TP;
- Act as liaison person for the preparation of items to be discussed at annual African Head of Missions (HoMs) meetings, quarterly regional HoMs discussions and bi-monthly meetings of Embassy TP focal persons;
- Propose and get agreement for annual work plans of activities in TP that can be jointly undertaken;
- Ensure there is coherence and co-operation in the development of Embassy web-pages on our TP role and that a regional dimension is reflected in the information uploaded by each Embassy;
- Present opportunities for possible joint cooperation of organisations with a regional TP mandate.
Key skills and competencies required
- Post graduate education in economics/politics/business;
- Experience in working with private sector trade outreach activities or with public sector institutions involved in trade promotion;
- Understanding of the opportunities and constraints of working with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Embassy network;
- Experience and recognition of the importance of instituting and maintaining good management systems;
- Understanding of complexities of doing business in each of the 4 focus countries
- Excellent communication, writing and reporting skills;
- Flexibility and good team working;
- Self-motivation and a capacity for creative thinking.
Salary and conditions
A salary level commensurate with the responsibilities of the post will be agreed.
The candidate will be employed on a (renewable) one year contract, with an initial probationary period for 6 months, with a full understanding/provision that this is not a permanent position.
Terms and conditions of employment will be similar to those on offer to other local staff recruited at the Embassy.
Oversight, logistics, cost
The Commercial Attaché will work as part of the Embassy team. He/she will report directly to the Trade & Development Officer in regular communication with the Head of Mission. They will also work closely with the Second Secretary and with local staff at the mission.
The Commercial Attaché will avail of the existing transport and administration arrangements at the Embassy.
Method of Application
NB: ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY C.O.B OF 18TH OF NOVEMBER 2016. PLEASE ATTACH AN UPDATED CV AND AN APPLICATION / MOTIVATION LETTER STATING HOW YOUR EXPERIENCE MATCHES THE REQUIREMENTS .
Interested and qualified? Go to WTS Energy career website on www.linkedin.com to apply