General Manager Job Lafayette Resources LTD
Posted on: 9 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Lafayette Resources
Our client in the Hospitality industry located in Nairobi and with a workforce of over 100 employees is seeking to fill the position of a General Manager and we are therefore hunting for exceptional talent for the role:
- Accomplishes hotel human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Develops hotel organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establish hotel operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops hotel financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Promotes the hotel by developing and implementing advertising and publicity programs; deciding the type of patronage to be solicited; speaking to community and business groups; sponsoring special events at the hotel.
- Maintains the hotel’s stature by inspecting guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and order; verifying the quality of food and beverage services; overseeing special events.
- Maintains customer confidence by personally responding to and resolving complaints; making charge adjustments or offering complimentary services.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances hotel’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
General Manager Job Qualifications
- Degree in hospitality/ Hotel Management or Food service Management
- 7-10 years extensive experience in management
- 5 years Chef experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written are mandatory.
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle the teams and work under pressure.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to Develop Financial and Strategic Plans
Method of Application
If you believe you are qualified and ready to take on new challenges, then we want to talk to you urgently.
Please send your application to us right away at email@example.com and include your current remuneration. Kindly note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lafayette ResourcesSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at R4Kenya - 3 Positions
- Chief Production Officer at AMSCO (African Management Services Company)
- Career Opportunities at DAI Global - 2 Positions
- Business Development Manager at Horn Africa Consultants Firm
- Head Cook at Jobsikaz
- Job Opportunities at Sheer Logistics - 5 Positions
- Truck Driver at Kentrain Limited
- Job Opportunities at Brites Management - 3 Positions