Maintenance Manager Job at One Acre Fund (Kakamega)
Posted on: 9 November, 2016
Deadline: 22 November, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at One Acre Fund
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Job
- Respond to maintenance requests for our properties in Kakamega in a timely manner.
- Build tools to allow for reporting of maintenance issues and tracking of their costs.
- Support our staff in our other regional and provincial bases in setting up systems to better respond to maintenance issues.
- Relationship-building with maintenance contractors: plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc, in order to ensure that One Acre Fund has access to quality work at all times.
- Carry out proactive maintenance checks at all of our properties in Kenya.
- Develop tools for tracking the quality of work carried out.
- Assist in the set-up of new office and residential spaces, when necessary.
Maintenance Job Requirements
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a similar role – construction, engineering, property management, etc.
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including excellent English and fluent Swahili
- Demonstrated aptitude in handling confidential / sensitive information in past professional settings
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with a wide range of teams
- Leadership and Management at work or outside work
- References able to speak to professionalism and high ethical standards, as well as professional skills
- Demonstrated computer skills in Google (email and spreadsheets) and Microsoft office required
- Tenacity and go-getter mentality
- Attention to detail and ability to meet targets
- Career development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and two annual career reviews.
- We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Opportunity to grow and salary increase are based on personal performance. One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Method of Application
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Maintenance Manager and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 22th November 2016
Interested and qualified? Go to One Acre Fund career website on form.jotformpro.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about One Acre FundSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at Standard Bank Group
- Relationship Manager at Citi Bank
- Sales Representative Internship at Odyssey Capital Limited
- Job Opportunities at Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) - 2 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Commercial Bank of Africa - 4 Positions
- Sales Team Leader at Izwe Loans Kenya Limited
- Job Vacancy at Bloomberg LP
- Relationship Manager at Barclays Bank of Kenya