Medical Officers Jobs at St. Theresa’s Mission Hospital (Kiirua, Meru)
Posted on: 9 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at St. Theresa’s Mission Hospital
St. Theresa’s Mission Hospital Kiirua is a fast growing Mission Hospital which is committed to providing accessible, Affordable, Promotive, Preventive, Curative and Rehabilitative health services to all and in accordance to the social teachings of the Catholic Church.
St. Theresa’s Mission Hospital Kiirua is a Faith Based Health Organization in the Catholic Diocese of Meru. It is one of the apostolic services of the Little Sisters of St. Therese of the Child Jesus.
Medical Officer Job Responsibilities
- Monitoring and providing appropriate clinical care (medical and surgical) to patients on hospital wards and in outpatient clinics
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Carrying out specific procedures, e.g. performing operations and specialist investigations.
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals.
- Issuing a preliminary discharge summary to each patient prior to them leaving hospital, in accordance with service specifications.
- Maintaining patient rights, and be aware of cultural differences when dealing with patients.
- Liaising with other medical and non-medical staff in the hospital to ensure quality treatment.
- Reporting on-call (off shifts, weekends and holidays) as scheduled.
- Ensuring that comprehensive hospital medical records for all in and outpatients are accurately.
- Providing educational and clinical experience for clinical staff.
- Being an In charge if the department allocated
Requirements for the Medical Officer Job
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail. Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment A good understanding of community dynamics.
Method of Application
Interested candidates may apply by sending their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the Medical Officer in the title.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about St. Theresa’s Mission HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Medical Receptionist at Scanlab Kenya
- Hospital Administrator at Oasis Healthcare Group Limited
- Instructor at Polycare Wellness Centre
- Administrative Assistant at Cigna
- Licensed Acupuncturist at Polycare
- Construction Master at Penda Health
- Laboratory Manager at Oasis Healthcare Group Limited
- Marketing Manager at Sisu Global Health