National Programme Officer Job at UN World Food Programme
Posted on: 9 November, 2016
Deadline: 22 November, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at World Food Programme (WFP)
The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world's largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Programme Officer Job
- Under the direct supervision of Head of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and overall supervision of the Senior Programme Policy Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Support planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance intervention;
- Review/give technical feedback on monitoring and evaluation plans for new programmes and budget revisions to ensure that plans are risk-based and focus on measuring results;
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome focused results;
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements;
- Follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/or adjustments made to programme responses as required;
- Train national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques;
- Work in close collaboration with external counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field, data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence;
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings/recommendations to support performance planning, risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Programme Officer Job
- Education: Advanced University degree in Sociology, Social Development, Business Administration, Development Economics or Performance Management, Agriculture or the relevant field to international development assistance, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: At least three years of post-graduate professional experience in commerce, Business Administration, Development or food assistance support. Professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, training, capacity –building and reporting of development/humanitarian project would be and added advantage.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of Arabic/Somalia would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge: Experience using MS Excel, MS Word and Ms Power Point, SPSS and/or other statistics software. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Food Programme (WFP) career website on career012.successfactors.eu to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World Food Programme (WFP)Similar Jobs
- Senior/Principal Operations Officer at IFC - International Finance Corporation
- Job Opportunities at One Acre Fund - 3 Positions
- Hygiene Promoter Job at ACTED
- Tailoring and Dressmaking Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust
- Internship Opportunity at The Center for Reproductive Rights
- System Developer at Action Africa Help International (AAH-I)
- Career Opportunities at FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations)
- Electronics Technician at International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology - ICIPE