Solarcentury is one of the most respected solar companies in the world. Founded in 1998, we have been around since the early days of the solar industry and have been part of the evolution that has made PV the attractive investment it is today. We have put solar on a greater variety of sites than any other company in the industry, and have won multiple awards for product innovation.
To assist in the development of Solar PV opportunities as well as to support the operating projects in the region.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, reporting to the East Africa Director.
This position will require extensive domestic travel inside of Kenya and also to other East African countries.
Kenyan citizens only
Key activities and responsibilities to include
- Working on the technical design of Solar PV Projects
- Assisting in the preparation of technical documentation, studies and proposals
- Supporting the Operations team on the ongoing projects
- Operations and Maintenance support
- Learning, reporting and recording on policy and legislation developments
- Working closely with and supporting Solarcentury development and investor partners in East Africa
- Extensive domestic and international travel
- Supporting marketing events where required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Electrical Engineer plus experience
- 1 year of experience in Solar PV market (desirable)
- Understanding of PV and competing technologies
- Understanding of the regulatory environment for grid tied solar and the wider energy industry in East Africa
- Highly self-motivated and confident
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organisational and administrative ability
- Strong initiative and creative thinking
- Articulate and fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work individually and as a team, highly personable
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong networking capability
Passionate about solar energy and combating climate change
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Solarcentury career website on www.linkedin.com to apply