QHSE Coordinator at CDL
Posted on: 9 November, 2016
Deadline: 14 November, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at CDL Human Resource
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CDL was founded in early 2003 by its current Managing Director Lucy Mmari.Within her 14 year tenure in a well established logistics company, She honed her skill in human resources management and thereafter started CDL.
Job Purpose: To support the implementation of QHSE Management Systems in compliance with company, national and international Standards
- Managing Director
- Deputy Managing Director
- Truck Inspector
- All Departments
- Govt Regulatory bodies
- Nairobi Provincial Environment Committee.
- Nairobi City Council.
- Certification bodies
- Calibration bodies
- Directorate of Industrial Training
- Training Institutions and Companies.
- Equipment maintenance Companies.
Extent of Authority:
- Stop work that is considered unsafe
- Stop purchase and entry of non compliant equipment into the company
- Support the implementation of QHSE Management Systems in compliance with company, national and international Standards
- Conduct regular audits to minimize non conforming activities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor activities in the company to avoid environmental pollution.
- Ensure a secure, safe and healthy working environment throughout the site.
- Identify QHSE training needs and facilitate delivery of the training
- Conduct periodic tool box meetings with teams on safety matters among others
- Report all incidents and accidents occurring within the sites and ensure the sites meet all statutory requirements of reporting.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the Regional Quality Manager for decision making
- Establish emergency response procedures and evaluation plans and ensure all personnel are aware of the plans, procedures and assembly point.
- Constitute a Health, Safety and Environment Committee for the Company that meets the regulations of Bollore Group and local legislation and ensure it is active and its members are trained accordingly.
- Ensure that appropriate personal protective equipments are available, in good condition, and sufficient for all employees.
- Review assigned contracts that the Company draws with service providers so as to ensure that all issues of health, safety and environment have been taken care of in the contract.
- Induct all new employees and contractors on site on all health, safety and environmental policy and regulations to ensure their safety
- Raise requisitions for departmental supplies to facilitate operations
- Customer care
- Computer literacy
- 3 years
- Must have worked in a logistics industry
- Team player
- Bachelors degree in a Science related Field
- Working knowledge of Management Systems e.g. QMS ISO 9001, EMS ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates to send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14th November 2016 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CDL Human ResourceSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Crystal Recruit - 5 Positions
- Job Vacancies at Flexi Personnel - 2 Positions
- Business Development Director at Robert Walters
- Latest Recruitment at CA Global
- Job Openings at Corporate Staffing Services - 2 Positions
- Digital Marketer at Duma Works
- Job Vacancies at Africa Management Solutions Limited (AMSOL)
- Sales Manager at Adept Systems, Management Consultants