The KEMRI / University of Washington Child Health Education Program, in collaboration with the Department of Pediatrics, University of Nairobi offer a community oriented, short-term educational training program in Kisii, Kenya for both Kenyan and United States based paediatricians in training.
- The Program Coordinator will be the primary point of communication for faculty at the University of Nairobi and the University of Washington who provide oversight and mentorship to the trainees.
- He/she will work with staff in the University of Washington/KEMRI offices in Nairobi to coordinate and administer the program.
- The Program Coordinator will be responsible for developing the schedule of activities for the trainees during their time in Kisii and ensuring that the schedule is adhered to.
Qualifications for the Program Coordinator Job
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Additional training in Community Health and Adult Teaching is an added advantage
- Computer literacy
- Sound knowledge of the Kenya Health System
- Communication skills – report writing and verbal communication with domestic and international supervisors
- Able to communicate in Kisii language is an added advantage
- Willing to travel
Responsibilities for the Program Coordinator Job
- The program coordinator will oversee all activities, including but not limited to:
- Planning and scheduling training curriculum for 8 week training cycles of paired US and Kenyan trainees
- Serve as the principal liason with the Kisii County health officials, NGO partners, hospital staff and administration, Kisii community advisory board and Kisii community members
- Lead discussion and planning of community health assessments and interventions
- Maintain strong relationship with the community groups involved
- Submit weekly written summary reports on the administration and activities of the program
- Participate in 2-3 teleconferences per week with US and Kenya based leadership
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Program Directors
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW Organization
Terms of Employment: One year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a probation period for the first 3 months. The successful candidate shall be based in Kisii.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI salary scales.
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please follow the following link to complete the application form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZzK2tOdjXd_01wnZEPwtPAp1e09lzmKfNjIb_VFnFrI/edit and then send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees and copies of certificates and testimonials to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by Wednesday 16th November, 2016 at 5.00 p.m. Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Medical Research - KEMRI career website on docs.google.com to apply