If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the Eastern and Southern Africa region, with operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, Mozambique and Malawi. The group offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset management, Banking and Property. Our Mission is to provide outstanding financial services to our customers. Our Vision is to be the most trusted financial service partner. We aim to provide our clients, with an unmatched offering, ensuring first class solutions that help secure the future.
- Performing research and providing legal opinions as requested from time to time;
- Drafting of legal documentation and letters as instructed by supervisor;
- Reviewing contracts and other legal documentation;
- To keep abreast with upcoming laws and regulations and advice the business accordingly
- To assist in the conduct of legal due diligence for pending and upcoming business transactions
- To provide assistance in Intellectual property issues including registration rights, clearance rights, IP strategies.
- Assisting to collate and maintain the legal documentation of the department and making sure the various schedules and safes are up to date;
- Liaising with business contacts as well as external legal counsel on business matters; and
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Degree from a recognized university and awaiting graduation or has ;
- Prior Internship experience in a busy law firm or legal department within a mid-sized corporate will be an added advantage;
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated reporting abilities;
- A team player willing to work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High levels of energy, creativity and enthusiasm;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs;
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize;
- High integrity
- The legal department(s) within Britam.
- All departments within the Britam Group.
Key performance Measures
- Good working team relationships within the Legal department and all Britam departments.
- Contribution to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal Department.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Britam career website on www.linkedin.com to apply