We are a technology start-up company based in Nairobi, Kenya. We want to offer a mobile application platform that allows potential customers to connect with service providers from the informal sector for their specific job needs.
The solution is tailored to the unique demands of this economy to enable fair and transparent pricing, reduce costs, and improve service delivery. In doing so, we seek to alleviate poverty, create equal opportunities, and empower youth.
As an Android Developer you’ll be working with our team of developers, designers and testers. We’re looking for someone with the skills and passion to take on building our own product.
We prioritise teamwork, collaboration and getting stuff done. Our aim is to build and deliver the most beautiful product possible and world class user experiences in cross discipline teams – never forgetting to have fun on the way.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the application aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
You will be working alongside other developers working on different layers of the infrastructure, therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Android Developer Job Requirements
- At least 2 years of experience developing for Android. Send us some links to your Github or the Play Store
Organising your work within an agile team
- Being responsible for your work and your code
- Creative and innovative
- Thorough understanding and passion for native Android UI/UX
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Able to customize and build on top of an existing application
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Understand Android Java
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with payment system integration
- Knowledge of Instant messaging underlying technologies e.g XMPP
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Responsibilities of the Android Developer Job
- Responsible for the Netwookie Android application
- Managing Netwookie’s Google Play Store account
- Producing neat, tested, readable and well documented code
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborating with other developers on pushing quality and our craft
- Working closely with other designers and testers
- Writing release notes for every release
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services (we use Django RESTful framework), external data sources and API’s
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
Method of Application
To apply submit your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or contact Willice Onyango at 0726570757 or Dennis Koech at 0714904086. The position is open until 16 November.