If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Technical Specialist 11 – AIRS Kenya Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to support the International Health Division in Kenya.
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Technical Specialist Job Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the needs assessments and baseline surveys/data collection process prior to IRS campaigns.
- Lead establishment of routine M&E systems to support tracking of IRS program activities, progress, and performance.
- Improve programmatic monitoring efforts through managing the data collection of routine spray activities from county-based spray teams and reporting the data for internal and client use.
- Design, review and test M&E tools for reporting formats and data collection.
- Ensure appropriate skills are maintained with the national and county IRS staff through focused trainings for continued maintenance of the established M&E tracking systems.
- Track and report data on all project indicators to the Abt Home Office, PMI/Kenya and PMI/Washington. This includes regular updating of the project’s official Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Prepare performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as annual reports and other project documents.
- Conduct periodic internal Data Quality Assessments and prepare the project for possible external Data Quality Audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
- The position requires frequent travel to IRS implementing counties and field sites for routine monitoring, program supervision, and support.
Preferred Skill / Prerequisites for Technical Specialist Job
- Masters Degree in a relevant social science field, such as Public Health/Environmental health, Community Health, or Statistics.
- At least six (6) years of relevant professional experience in program monitoring and evaluation and in research, with previous IRS or other malaria program experience desirable.
- Experience in MS Access, GIS applications; and GPS measurement data collection desirable.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID program monitoring and evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing.
- English language fluency.
Technical Specialist Job Minimum Qualifications
- (8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Abt Associates career website on career4.successfactors.com to apply