I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking. Started in 1974, it evolved from a community financial institution to a publicly listed major regional commercial bank offering a full range of corporate and retail banking services, 35 branches in Kenya and international operations in 3 other countries. I&M Bank is a dominant player in the Kenyan market that has been consistently growing, and is innovative in terms of the type and range of products and services it offers. CDC Group plc, a development finance institution wholly owned by the government of the United Kingdom owns approximately 10.68% of I&M Holdings, the holding company of I&M Bank Ltd. In addition, I&M Bank has a technical support agreement with International Finance Corporation for staff training, product development and risk management. I&M Bank also enjoys medium term foreign currency credit facilities from European Development Financial Institutions - Proparco, DEG and FMO. I&M Bank’s international correspondent banks include major multinational banks such as Bank One Ltd, Citibank NA, CommerzBank AG, Deutsche Bank AG, ICICI Limited Mumbai, Mashreq Bank PLC, Standard Bank of South Africa and Standard Chartered Bank NY. I&M Bank’s international network includes Bank One Limited (Mauritius), I&M Bank Tanzania Limited and I&M Bank Rwanda Specialties Banking Services, Commercial Banking, Asset Finance, Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, Investment Management Services, Diaspora Banking, Credit / Debit / Prepaid cards, Wealth Management
REF:DMO/11/2016 – DIGITAL MARKETING OFFICER
The job holder will be part of a Digital Media Team of the Bank which develops and manages growing Social Media and Online activities for the Bank. We are looking for a self-driven Digital Marketing Specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and network users with an aim of gradually achieving superior customer engagement, website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
The Incumbent will report to the Social and Digital Media Manager and will assist in:
- Executing social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Executing the digital brand strategy: Through social media, web, and email by implementing best practices and utilizing data and insights for continued evolution.
- Embodying the I&M Bank brand audience and leverage followers and industry for insights, content, ideas and innovation.
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action. This includes positioning content in under 140 characters for Twitter, creating images and graphics to accompany Facebook and Twitter posts, taking and curating photos and videos for visual platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn, and coming up with several iterations of post copy.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and executing a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Optimizing the Bank’s pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Creating editorial calendar and syndication schedules.
- Understanding digital platforms and upcoming trends with ability to foster into tangible action for the I&M Brand
- Working closely with media agency to develop and execute digital paid media strategies and campaigns.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams on social media goals and a content roadmap that aligns with the overall business objectives; lead sophisticated measurement and analysis of impact
- Balancing day-to-day management of platforms with execution of strategic initiatives
- Varied tasks including distributing electronic blasts, communicating relevant happenings in the digital world to the team, etc.
- Measuring impact of social media on overall marketing efforts and evaluating results and recommending changes to strategies
- Keeping abreast of the latest social media trends and state-of-the-art technology, such as new algorithms, features and platforms
- Supporting with photography at events, when necessary
- Performing other related duties as required or as directed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Excellent skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and other design applications
- Ability to work on tight and strict deadlines.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social networks
- Hands on experience in social networking and knowledge of social analytics tools
- Proven working experience in social media or related field
- Strong innovative and creative thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written skills. Must have knowledge on how to write effective copy in a lot of different styles, for websites, twitter, Facebook, etc. Visualize as well as convey a message into relevant and interesting content.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, PR. MBA preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Social Media officer/ Content Marketer or extensive and relevant work experience on a Marketing/Communication Design team, either as part of an agency or an in-house team.
- Hands on experience in typography, visual digital design, and concept ideation
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment.
- Proactive problem solver
- Diplomatic and collaborative with great disposition and ability to work within cross functional teams.
- Ability to create or interpret a design brief
- Experience in collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growing environment.
- Understanding of website optimization to ensure best-in-class SEO, user experience, usability, and conversion rates
- Experience in updating and maintaining web sites with html/css
- Experience in SEO monitoring and optimization for user engagement and metrics reporting
CANDIDATES WITH NO PRIOR FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE IN HANDLING SOCIAL MEDIA IN AN ORGANISATION NEED NOT APPLY.
Method of Application
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees. Your application should reach the below address on or before 30th November, 2016. Please quote reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I & M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: email@example.com (preferred)
Interested and qualified? Go to I&M Bank career website on www.imbank.com to apply