At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across five continents and more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
Explore your opportunities with a network of professionals in a Global 250 Top Company
• A global port industry leader
• International presence in 58 countries
• 20,600 employees
• 135 inland services operations
• 2014 revenue of $4.45 billion
• Serving over 60 liner shipping customers
• 7 new port projects in development Part of
Broad exposure to operational management in a container terminal.
• Exposure to people management skills
• International working experience
• Work Life balance working environment
• Learning and Development opportunities
• Status of the containers
• Confirming delivery note details
• Giving security guards a go ahead to allow the truck in.
• Stamping, signing and splitting the guarantee form
•Inserting the container details in the Depot Management System
•In case of a discrepancy an email sent or phone call notification done
• Checking the gate pass validity/originality
•Checking truck details confirming with the guards before re entry
•Allowing the truck into the yard
•Giving the operators the allocation of containers and each truck detail to load
Who we are looking for
• Completion of a secondary school certificate.
• Requires at least one year of previous experience preferably in a ICD.
• Physically fit, no fear of heights and able to pass full medical examination.
• Familiarity in computer applications.
• Basic knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Has understanding of basic tabulating methods, and general math aptitude.
• Has some knowledge of different types of containers and their characteristics.
• Has some knowledge of different types of hoisting equipment and their characteristics.
• Has some knowledge of terminal operation, terminal traffic rules and regulations.
• Has some knowledge of tariffs, customs rules, regulations and practices.
• Understands safety regulations, safe working procedures and safe materials handling procedures and follows safety and work instructions.
• Has the ability to communicate operational instructions and information via two way radio system.
• Understands common used hand signals to communicate without radio system.
• Requires ability to read and interpret container load plans/discharge sequences.
• Ability to work in a rotating shift system
• Must be able to work in extremely hot, dusty & high noise level conditions
Interested and qualified? Go to APM Terminals career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply