IntraHealth International is a global health non-profit organization whose mission is to empower health workers to better serve communities in need around the world. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships. IntraHealth was incorporated as an independant non-profit in 2003 when it separated from the University of North Carolina where its programs had resided since 1979. Over its 35 year history, IntraHealth has worked in 100 countries. It receives funding and support from the US government, US foundations and corporations, multinational organizations and individuals who share IntraHealth's mission and committment to global health.
The Director, Finance and Administration will be a senior member of the IntraHealth project leadership team in Kenya. S/He will oversee all field based financial aspects of a new large and complex HIV care and treatment project, contingent on funding. S/he will provide fiscal leadership for project activities, ensuring the effective use of donor resources to meet project goals. S/he will be responsible for all project- oriented financial systems including budgeting, monitoring, forecasting as well as all legal, audit and contractual compliance. S/he leads the implementation of these key systems by ensuring that activities are implemented in accordance with the organization’s mission, strategic objectives, and program approaches and comply with IntraHealth’s and USAID’s policies, procedures and guidelines. This position, with regular legal support, ensures that IntraHealth policies and procedures are compliant with Kenyan law and effectively implemented throughout the program. Manage compliance support to the contractual and subcontract administration of the project including internal systems, project partner assessment and manging sub-contract mechanisms for each partner, based on their systems, and assisting such partners to establish multipliers and/or (First Tier, Downstream or Related (FDRs) entity that qualify for time and materials (T&M) subcontracts.
The Director, Finance and Administration will report to the Chief of Party.
Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Leads the development, monitoring, and review of the project budget and ensure effective development of monthly projections and cash advance forecasts
- Ensures compliance with donors’ agreements and that all activities are implemented as per the approved agreement and budget.
- Oversees the preparation of high quality USAID quarterly and annually financial reports as well as the PEPFAR expenditure analysis report.
- In coordination with country and Chapel Hill Finance staff, monitor grant spending to ensure timely expenditure of donor funds and project closure and adherence with IntraHealth and donor regulations.
- Provide direct mentoring and oversight to project staff performing financial and administrative functions
- Advise senior leadership regularly on on finanacial and operations-related matters
- Ensures accurate financial forecasts and secure adequate and timely financing for activities and procurements with close consultation with the Finance and Program units
- Ensures that financial management systems provides accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions, aligned with IntraHealth’s policies and procedures
- Monitors proper management of cash flow and assures that budgets are followed and the project does not overspend
- Reviews monthly financial statements and bank reconciliation statements for IntraHealth bank accounts
- Designs and implements sound internal control systems to safeguard assets, financial records and documents of the organization
- Reviews disbursements and payroll costs for authenticity and accuracy
- Provides financial performance feedback to the project leadership team and IntraHealth Headquarters program and finance support staff
- Facilitates and follows-up change of bank signatories and bank procedures.
- Conduct pre-qualification reviews and selection of potential sub-contractors/grantees and vendors to ensure value for money and compliance with IntraHealth and donor requirements
- Develop consultant contracts, agreements, and work orders-including scopes of work, deliverables, and payment schedules, ensuring competivive processes and compliance with local, IntraHealth and donor policies and guidelines
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Review financial reports of sub-grantees, whenever applicable, and ensure that expenditures are in line with the budget and in compliance with donor regulations
- Serves as liaison with external auditors, facilitates internal and external audit undertakings.
- Prepares responses to audit findings and follows-up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Monitor implementation of action/corrective action plans relative to both internal and external audits and report back to the Chief of Party and IntraHealth Headquarters
- Master’s degree in administration, finance or similar field and at least 8 years of experience in financial and administrative management with organizations which manage international projects, or a Bachelor’s degree and at least 12 years of experience in financial and administrative management with organizations which manage international projects.
- Experience managing USAID contracts is required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial data, create and track budgets, set up and maintain financial management systems, and experience with financial/accounting software.
- Experience in financial, administrative and grants management of donor-funded projects, preferably on large and complex USAID projects.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations
- Certification with a local accounting professional body and extensive knowledge of Kenyan financial laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff effectively in a complex and changing environment.
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters discreetly and with the trust and confidence of colleagues and clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook knowledge of QuickBooks, Serenic.
Why Choose IntraHealth
Would you like to be a part of purposeful work that saves lives?
For 35 years, in 100 countries, IntraHealth International has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships.
As a global champion for health workers, IntraHealth International advocates for the role of the health worker as critical in saving lives and helping the world to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. We partner with governments, NGOs, the private sector, and other organizations to foster policies that empower health workers to better serve communities in need.
Summary Of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to IntraHealth International career website on recruiting.ultipro.com to apply