If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director, Finance & Operations.
The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV Service Delivery project.
The Director of Finance and Operations will establish and maintain sound financial management practices, and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and USAID procedures, rules and regulations. Responsibilities include budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub award management, procurement, and logistics. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics;
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub award and operations aspects of project;
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Kenyan laws;
- Develop, analyse and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets;
- Manage project procurement processes;
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters;
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID;
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management;
- Supervise other project-based administrative, finance, procurement, administrative and contract & grants staff.
- Master's Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required; or a Bachelor’s or certifies accounting degree with 12 years’ experience;
- At least seven years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects;
- Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply;
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations is required;
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English;
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow;
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience establishing and maintaining good relationships with a wide variety of professionals and organizations.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to FHI360 NGO career website on jobs-fhi360.icims.com to apply