Job Opportunities at Co-operative Bank
Posted on: 11 November, 2016
Deadline: 23 November, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank's Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Responsibilities for the Head Agri Co-operatives Job
- Formulate and continually review policies and strategies that ensure good and enhanced business volumes between bank, the Agri-cooperatives and agribusiness customers- the department’s business plan.
- Review and recommend appropriate amendments to the credit policy relating to agriculture cooperatives and agribusiness entities.
- Spearhead business growth by focusing a team of relationship managers on the sales force excellency model.
- Spearhead the departments’ growth in Non-funded income while focusing on new opportunities for the same.
- Review constantly Relationship Managers’ account plans with a clear focus of ensuring that opportunities identified are converted into closed deals while also ensuring that NFIs are given priority.
- Work closely with relevant Government agencies and development partners in order to maintain a competitive edge in the industry by being ahead of the competition in all Agri Co-operatives and Agribusiness ventures.
- Grow quality credit volumes and manage credit accounts to eliminate opportunities of the same becoming bad.
- Broaden the consumption base of the Bank products by the Agrico-ops by creating awareness of the existing products and sell the same to Co-operatives.
- Carry out market research and intelligence relevant to the development of Co-operatives business and satisfaction of the customers’ needs and develop the necessary products and business strategies based on the survey results.
- Ensure collaboration and support to branches, product houses and other departments within the Bank.
- Ensure that quality appraisal is done ( and in the approved format) on all credit requests received in the department and that the bank’s decision is communicated to the customers immediately.
- Ensure that the Departments PAR is maintained at less than 5%.
- Prepare project proposals to solicit for donor funding, implement donor supported projects and ensure that proper accounting records are maintained and required periodic returns prepared and submitted on time to the respective bodies.
Head Agri Co-operatives Job Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related field from a recognized university coupled with Certification in agri-financing and Credit management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in agribusiness or working with co-operatives 2 of which must be at a senior management level.
- Excellent relationship management with the ability to interact and negotiate with customers/donors at a senior level.
- Customer focused & results orientated.
- Superior leadership, management and co-ordination skills with the ability to influence positively and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
go to method of application »
Responsibilities for the Fixed Income And Money Market Trader Job
- Manage the bank’s daily cash and clearing operations in all Central Bank of Kenya accounts for both local and domestic foreign currency accounts.
- Undertake money market funding activities to ensure that the bank’s accounts in Kenya and overseas are adequately funded to meet the banks daily obligations and settlements.
- Manage the RTGS payment system & control real time payments to ensure customer satisfaction & compliance with RTGS rules by the Central Bank local clearing accounts, intraday liquidity facility (ILF) and Domestic Foreign currency (DFCC) accounts and East Africa Payments accounts.
- Engage in money market dealing with the permitted instruments including, Treasury Bills and Bonds, Repurchase agreements, Horizontal repos and vertical repo’s and other approved tools as per the investment policy while adhering to approved counter party limits as per existing procedure.
- Manage the risks generated in trading, by working within the established parameters and rules appropriate to the trading product.
- Network with internal customers & external market counterparts, in order to solicit customers’ feedback, gain market intelligence, benchmark trading techniques, and enhance the Bank’s profile in the market.
- Contribute to building the bank’s reputation in the international and local markets through personally demonstrating high level of professionalism at all times.
- Negotiate and price customer deposits in conjunction with the major liability relationship centers and branches with the view to control the overall cost of funds.
Fixed Income And Money Market Trader Job Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field with at least 4 year experience in banking, two of which must be in direct foreign exchange & money market trading and treasury operations.
- Certified Foreign Exchange and Money Market Dealer (ACI).
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomics to interpret likely currency and interest rate trends both locally and on the international markets.
- Knowledge of local and international market events and their likely impact on currency and interest rates.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills twinned with an active and avid interest in finance & trading.
- Excellent negotiation and decision making skills as well as be an excellent communicator with the ability to set and meet stretched targets and deadlines.
- Good understanding of the CBK and Banking prudential guidelines and their implications on the organization.
Method of Application
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number HAC/CBD/2016 by 23rd November, 2016. We are an equal opportunity employer.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Co-operative Bank of KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Financial Advisors (Sales Agents) at Britam
- Job Opportunities at Standard Bank Group
- Procurement Officer at Consolidated Bank
- Job Opportunities at Jamii Sacco - 4 Positions
- Administrative Assistant - Accounts Transactions Specialist at World Bank Group
- Manager Business Banking Evaluation at Standard Bank Group
- Growth Manager at Lendable Marketplace
- Loan Officer Intern at BIMAS Kenya Limited